BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
XBGM3R
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
XBGM3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NOR*CAL
Model: 8900c
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪
Posts: 261
Default Are you still using the old fashion 8700??

Please Login to Remove!


Another night, Mariah Carey was spotted in NYC with her BlackBerry in hand. She is still sporting her trusty 8700!

Yay! 8700 is still ALIVE!, because 8700 is best solid handhelds.

I am still use the outdate 8700g, I don't care what people says or laughing at us who still using 8700 series..

I love 8700 things with my first sight of heart, Because It was my broke virgin!

Would you pardon me about my english isnt well, but i do my best! ;)
__________________
8700g user since 2/2/2007> 8320 on 9/22/2007> 8900 on 4/16/2009 >>View my Blog<<

Last edited by XBGM3R; 06-17-2007 at 12:58 PM..
Offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGM3R View Post
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5...berrysizp9.jpg
Another night, Mariah Carey was spotted in NYC with her BlackBerry in hand. She is still sporting her trusty 8700!

Yay! 8700 is still ALIVE!, because 8700 is best solid handhelds.

I am still use the outdate 8700g, I don't care what people says or laughing at us who still using 8700 series..

I love 8700 things with my first sight of heart, Because It was my broke virgin!

Would you pardon me about my english isnt well, but i do my best! ;)


dude...you need to chill out a bit. the 8700 is not outdated. most of the business world still uses the 8700. currently it is still the "preferred choice" for businesses. at work, they are constantly replacing Blackberry devices, but they're not replacing them with pearls, they are still replacing them with 8700's. the 8700 is a solid device and does what it was made to do very well
Offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
jbairdjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
jbairdjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lincoln, Ne
Model: 9550
OS: 5.0
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 1,232
Default

My Alltel 8703e is a fantastic device, and happens to be the newest Blackberry that Alltel offers (I know that isnt saying much)
__________________
Blackberry Storm2 (Verizon)
7280-7780-7290-7100g-7250-8703-8830-8330-9530-9550
Offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGM3R View Post
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5...berrysizp9.jpg
Another night, Mariah Carey was spotted in NYC with her BlackBerry in hand. She is still sporting her trusty 8700!

Yay! 8700 is still ALIVE!, because 8700 is best solid handhelds.

I am still use the outdate 8700g, I don't care what people says or laughing at us who still using 8700 series..

I love 8700 things with my first sight of heart, Because It was my broke virgin!

Would you pardon me about my english isnt well, but i do my best! ;)

i bet she doens't even use it for email ...she prob just bought the blackberry because it was the most expensive phone in the store
Offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
sabrewulf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
sabrewulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 297
Default

Alltel 8703e here as well. I picked it over the slimmer one (idk the model number) for the full keyboard.
Offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
david9962000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
david9962000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: 9360
OS: 7.1.0.694
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 1,377
Default

It's a classic! Much better the the track ball like the 8800.
Offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david9962000 View Post
It's a classic! Much better the the track ball like the 8800.
it's not even a classic yet. all of the carriers still sell the 8700. i hate that frickin' track ball. whenever they stop making the 8700, and my 8700 dies, i dunno what i'm gonna do. maybe shop on ebay for one lol
Offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
waine06
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
waine06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: G1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 72
Default

Still using my 8700g. Called myself upgrading to a Dash... Took it back. Upgraded to a Wing... Took it back. Upgraded to the BB 8800... Took it back. No device has managed to replace my 8700. Maybe the Curve??? Update to 4.2 and you essentially have a new phone. Think I may keep it for a while. Build quality... I'll bet may newer BB owners (ie. Pearl, 8800, Curve) wish their device felt as solid as the 8700. Just my $.02....
__________________
WAINE06
Offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #9
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGM3R View Post
I am still use the outdate 8700g, I don't care what people says or laughing at us who still using 8700 series..
Why do you say the 8700 is outdated?? If you were talking about the 7230 or 6230 I'd agree. Even the 7290 is still a very useful device.

Last edited by takeshi; 06-18-2007 at 08:39 AM..
Offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
grcczainea
New Member
 
grcczainea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Era, MI
Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Dobson Cellular One
Posts: 8
Default

I just got my 8700g in the mail today after sending the pearl back. It is a great phone and works well but I do notice that it feels a little cheaper than the 72xx series. But the screen is crisp. I would amagine that this phone eill be on shelves a little while longer.
Offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #11
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grcczainea View Post
I just got my 8700g in the mail today after sending the pearl back. It is a great phone and works well but I do notice that it feels a little cheaper than the 72xx series. But the screen is crisp. I would amagine that this phone eill be on shelves a little while longer.
what was wrong with your pearl.

also, cellular one still exists??? I thought cellular one became cingular. i am REALLY confused
Offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #12
john.kmiecik
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 6969
Carrier: Yes
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
also, cellular one still exists??? I thought cellular one became cingular. i am REALLY confused
Things happened to guys and some stuff happened to gals - looks like Dobson actually runs C-One now, and it's regional down in Oklahoma and Texas.
Offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 AM   #13
seph
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills
Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 10
Default

haha I honestly can't wait to replace my 8700g. Fat and bulky, no camera, no external storage, archaic UI, lame 3rd-party programs/games, etc etc. the only reason i use a BB is for work, and if it didn't handle e-mail as well as it does, I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. i will most likely upgrade to 8300 in july since we are on BES.

and it's really sad to see people bust a nut over 'OMFG 4.2 UPDATE'. i mean come on folks, your phone is still the same old phone haha. and there's no such thing as a *classic* when it comes to technology-- it's just plain outdated.
Offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #14
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.kmiecik View Post
Things happened to guys and some stuff happened to gals - looks like Dobson actually runs C-One now, and it's regional down in Oklahoma and Texas.
Cellular One used to offer service in the Philadelphia area. In fact, it was one of the major carriers back in the day when it was Bell Atlantic Mobile, At&T Wireless, and Voicestream. Did Cellular One pull out of the East Coast markets?
Offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #15
john.kmiecik
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 6969
Carrier: Yes
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
Cellular One used to offer service in the Philadelphia area. In fact, it was one of the major carriers back in the day when it was Bell Atlantic Mobile, At&T Wireless, and Voicestream. Did Cellular One pull out of the East Coast markets?
It certainly appears that way. My guess would be that the name rights were bought and sold a couple times.
Offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #16
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy
 
jeremyckitching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.415
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Posts: 4,243
Default

I, too, love my BlackBerry 8700g. The only two things I wish it had were external storage and support for video playback. Other than that it has been a workhorse. I will probably upgrade at some point, but only when this thing dies!
Offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #17
belle
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: blackberry
Posts: 6
Default

Most stars have 8700, Hilary Duff has one, Lindsay Lohan, Olsen Twins. they still have the 8700
Offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #18
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seph View Post
archaic UI
The UI on the 8300 isn't significantly different...
Offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #19
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict
 
jetspeedz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 603
Default

i still have my 8700 and after i tried the 8800 when it first came out it was not the right bb for me... buttons too close for big fingers, dont like ball and longer then my 8700, plus the OS is laggy in every way, felt like i was back on my 7290 when the device was trying to catch up to my typing speed...
our company still offers the 8700 and wont go away for a long time.. i think its the most stable and reliable BB out there to this day... hoping the 9xxx will be similar to the 8700 in layout + 3G.. dont care for wifi or camera
Offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #20
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz View Post
i still have my 8700 and after i tried the 8800 when it first came out it was not the right bb for me... buttons too close for big fingers, dont like ball and longer then my 8700, plus the OS is laggy in every way, felt like i was back on my 7290 when the device was trying to catch up to my typing speed...
our company still offers the 8700 and wont go away for a long time.. i think its the most stable and reliable BB out there to this day... hoping the 9xxx will be similar to the 8700 in layout + 3G.. dont care for wifi or camera

i agree. the 8700 works really well. are there any inside scoops on the 9xxx devices?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Festo 161416 Solenoid Valve CPV10-M1H-2X3-GLS-M7
$40.0
Festo 161416 Solenoid Valve CPV10-M1H-2X3-GLS-M7 pictureNEW Eaton Hydraulics 300AA00424A Solenoid Coil, 10 VDC (FREE SHIPPING)
$18.95
NEW Eaton Hydraulics 300AA00424A Solenoid Coil, 10 VDC  (FREE SHIPPING) pictureParker HBEVXBG023A 145 PSIG 120V Solenoid Valve New Old Stock
$80.0
Parker HBEVXBG023A 145 PSIG 120V Solenoid Valve New Old Stock pictureAsco HV1646672 Solenoid Valve 120v-ac
$84.65
Asco HV1646672 Solenoid Valve 120v-ac picture[DF5S5406] 12V Solenoid Valve Coil 6671025 Fits Bobcat 753 763 773 853 863 864
$29.35
[DF5S5406] 12V Solenoid Valve Coil 6671025 Fits Bobcat 753 763 773 853 863 864 picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.