Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
rg8043

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default BB8800 as a modem on the ATT plan

Please Login to Remove!

I am a new bb owner. I have read various posts in this forum and have discovered that one might be able to use the bb as a modem when connected to the laptop. I have a bb 8800 and read posts that show how to set up the bb, but I can not seem to find a definitive answer as to whether or not ATT will change extra (I am on the unlimited data plan) when I use the bb as a modem.

I called ATT and could not get a straight answer, and I was hoping that someone in this forum might have the answer. I would love to abandon my air card, but before doing so, I would like to find out if using the BB makes sense.

Thank you for your advice.

Rob G.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
jonbost
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: 23f7d309
Carrier: AT&T

If you do not have the laptop connect addon then yes you have a good chance that they will charge you for using it as a modem.
Closed Thread