BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #21
dclabman

Please Login to Remove!

Great post shagler! We experienced the exact same things with a GMC Yukon and CK3100. Caller ID is just a number because it has no phonebook. But BB7290 finds the Parrot and works well in directing calls the the hands free unit. Parrot is the only unit so far that work well, for what features that do work. You won't have any connection problems. As for the ISO connectors, have fun with this one. We found a work around in using a speaker from a previously installed car kit. We were not real concerned about radio muting features.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:31 PM   #22
BBmertz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

Does anyone have experience using the TellPhone 4000 bluetooth car kit from Raytel with the 7100? It looks like a cool display but the website does not list the Blackberry as a compatible device. See more info on this car kit at www.tellphone.com
Old 03-30-2005, 11:44 PM   #23
bigdongers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100g
Carrier: Telstra

I use a Parrot CK3000 with my 7100g. Works fine but I had to upgrade the carkit firmware to V3.16 as the old version I had didnt work properly.

I dont have ISO connectors either but it wouldnt have worked anyway cause I have amps and subs in my car. We just snipped off the wires to the ISO connector and wired them up to a separate car kit speaker and individually connected the power, accessory, mute wires. No big deal and easily done.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:50 PM   #24
dclabman

Default Push with other blue tooth phone

Question for you bigdongers,

Do you think it would be possible to push the phonebook to the Parrot device with another phone and then use the BB to connect? As far as I can see, the blackberry won't push the phonebook through so this might be a way around it. I thinking.... get the cheapest phone that will work (on Parrot phone table list) and download the numbers in from a PC, then push onto the CK3100. Then use the BB from there. Ideas?
Old 04-30-2005, 08:44 PM   #25
BBmertz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Tellphone Bluetooth Car Kits by Raytel

Last weekend I tested the Tellphone 3000 and 4000 bluetooth car kits by Raytel with the 7100g. The Tellphone 3000 worked well with the 7100g, allowing the user to store names and dial using voice commands; however the newer 4000 model (with a sleek digital display) only worked intermittently. Neither model can upload contacts from the phonebook.

I will test both models again in two weeks with the lastest software versions to see if it makes any difference. The Tellphone 3000 has a bulky bluetooth adapter (which can be hidden in the globebox), but allows for easier software upgrades since it can be removed and send into the manufacturer for updates.

Does anyone else have experience using a Blackberry 7100 with the Tellphone bluetooth car kits, the new Motorola IHF1000 or the new Parrot CK3000 Evolution series?
Old 05-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #26
adamsocb

Model: 7250
Default Car Kit for 7250

I just got a BB 7250 with service by Verizon. When I search for bluetooth car kits a Motorola series not mentioned here comes up, the HF850 and IHF1000.

I want full radio control and voice dialing. I was looking at the Parrot, but then saw on this forum that voice dialing would not work with that unit.

I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado with an existing hard wired Motorola hands free kit and Soundgate adapter for the RDS radio:

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...&productid=362

I looks like the Motorola HF 850 or IHF1000 would wire right in, replacing the old phone kit. The Parrot looks like more of a challenge, having to cut up the ISO harness.

Any Ideas?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:59 PM   #27
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Adamsocb we sell all of the kits you mentioned. If you want awesome voice dialing then the IHF1000 is the ticket. We sell lots of the Parrot Systems and they are quite good but having tested them I can say the IHF1000 rocks. The digit dialing works exceptionally well and the call quality has been very good.

In terms of install the Parrot are not more difficult than the Motorola.. the Moto's just dont have the ISO connector on the end of the cable - snip - now the parrot doesn't either All of these are 6 wire installs: + Battery, + Ignition, - Ground, +Audio, - Audio and Mute. The IHF1000 comes with a different Mic then previous Moto Kits so you will have to change that out.

http://store.bizshopr.com/bluecar.html

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 01-27-2006, 11:00 PM   #28
Adam Cadin

Model: 7290
Default Connecting to Visteon CK3100

I just got this car kit installed and it works great but I can't up link my address book to the kit or use voice activation. Anyone have a clue? I am using the 7290.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #29
bigdongers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100g
Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cadin
I just got this car kit installed and it works great but I can't up link my address book to the kit or use voice activation. Anyone have a clue? I am using the 7290.
the blackberry does not support this
Old 01-28-2006, 02:19 AM   #30
fliedlice
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

im not sure how many of you are into car audio or are even interested in changing out yur vehicles source unit (head unit, radio...whatever you want to call it) but the 2006 line of Alpine radio's (even the TV's) have bluetooth built in and the ones that dont....Alpine sells a bluetooth adapter for.

this will probably be the route that I take for bluetooth in car..

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...category=AV_HU
Old 01-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #31
dcfroe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular
Thumbs up

Adam Cadin,
If you or a friend has a IPAQ with blue tooth you can use it to send your contacts to the parrot and then your Blackberry will work fine for voice dial. I have a 7520 and it works great with it. My company wanted hands free so this covers the need. My boss rode a day with me and now has other employees calling on where and how I got it installed. He wants one as well.
I haven't done it but you could probably get a bluetooth dongle for a laptop and do the same thing.
I have had the CK3100 for 2 months now and I LOVE it!

Hit back to me if you need more help

Dan

PIN 23D1AEE7

Even people that feed the world use Blackberries.

Last edited by dcfroe; 01-28-2006 at 09:50 AM..
Old 01-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #32
mbay2002
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfroe
Adam Cadin,
If you or a friend has a IPAQ with blue tooth you can use it to send your contacts to the parrot and then your Blackberry will work fine for voice dial. I have a 7520 and it works great with it. My company wanted hands free so this covers the need. My boss rode a day with me and now has other employees calling on where and how I got it installed. He wants one as well.
I haven't done it but you could probably get a bluetooth dongle for a laptop and do the same thing.
I have had the CK3100 for 2 months now and I LOVE it!

Hit back to me if you need more help

Dan

Ditto that. I also have the CK3100 and an 8700c, and have synched my BB addressbook with the CK3100, and use the built-in voice activation on the CK3100 daily... works like a charm...
Old 02-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #33
noremac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

to add more information.....

I just installed the new Parrot 3200LS (color) and paired it with my BB 7100g (Cingular, v4.0x). Here are the results:

1. Voice functionality and phone recognition/pairing are fine.
2. Signal strength meter on the Parrot is OK.
3. Battery level meter on the Parrot is random and usually does not work.
4. Sync'ing contacts from BB to Parrot does NOT work, as many others have observed. The issue apparantly is resolved with BB firmware v4.1x.
5. As with other Bluetooth devices, the volume level transmitted to the Parrot by the 7100 is inadequate. I hope to improve this by boosting the speaker install in my car later.

However, I created an end-around way to get contacts into the Parrot using a laptop with a Bluetooth adapter. It was a pain, but it works. I first created *.vcf files for each individual contact within Outlook (do this by File, Save As...). You MUST first edit each contact's telephone information and REMOVE all extraneous non-number characters. This means NO (), -, etc. Just the 10 numerical digits.

Then, using the Microsoft Xp bluetooth drivers (could not get to work with Toshiba driver), right click on each individual *.vcf file and Send To, Bluetooth device. Of course, you must pair your laptop with the Parrot first. The *.vcf files will be accepted by the Parrot and show up in it's local contact list. After that, you can assign voice tags and use VR for each.

Last edited by noremac; 02-21-2006 at 11:31 AM..
Closed Thread