BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
jl_87
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers
Default Is Storm 2 Even Worth It?! Please Give Me Your Feedback!!

Please Login to Remove!

So I've had just over 12 Blackberrys. I love everything about ithem, except for the browsing capabilities in comparison to the 3GS. I was anticipated the release of the Storm and was horrified at its bulkiness and weight of the device. I was hoping to have a phone with Blackberry's functions but with browsing speed close the the iPhone.

So hows the browser?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #2
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

I am actually very impressed by the size and confort feeling it gives to the hand, though as fast as I could I bought an Otterbox case for it because I know that if it falls it will be all over too soon... (just like the iphones)

Anyway I love it and I love the texting capabilities, I actally compose text faster in the Storm 2 than any other BB I have ever tested (8220, 81xx, 83xx, 8520, 8900, 9000, 9500)

Regarding the browser... well the Blackberry Browser still sucks... BUT the OPERA Mini 5 Beta 2 is GREAT... There is room for improvement, like faster scrolling or different zoom options... but it is really good just as it is and I think the experience is just as good as the Safari browser found on the iPhone or iPod Touch...
So keeping in mind that I actually like better the texting on the Storm 2 than iPhone, I would dare to say that the browsing experience is better on the Storm 2.
The downside? well youtube and other video (capable) sites work only on the native BB browser...

Hope this could help
Old 01-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon

Yes, it is worth it but it will take about a month to get used to it due to the virtual keyboard and various functions that are slightly different from a keyboard based BlackBerry. I really like mine.

Having said that:
1. You should not try and write the great American novel on any cellphone.
2. Due to the limitations of screen size the question about internet browsers is interesting but despite the limitations of the 9550 browser it is usable and far, far better than the one on my old 8830.
3. WiFi eats batteries.
4. It works great with the Synch on my Ford Focus.
5. It is stable but you need to pull the battery about every two weeks.
6. I paid about $ 70 for mine after rebate so check around.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
amsolo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

I also have had many bb's. Never satisfied with browser speed. I am on a BES and was hoping the speed of the REV-A would be faster. When I have a great signal it is fast but sometimes it is slow. It doesn't seem to be related at all to the signal strength bar although full bars will mostly assure a fast speed. The thing that surprised me was the wi-fi was not any faster then the 3G speed. I though that would be faster page rendering. Big screen is nice and I think anybody who has had many bbs and then switches will miss the bb's lack of bugs and functionality. To sum it up, I think the browser is fine.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

I have the iphone 3G and 3GS and every morning i end up takeing my blackberry storm . as far was the web browser the iphone is king. but in all the other areas the storm rules. the cam on the storm is great . the phone calls sound is good . the battery life is great. at the end of the day it all comes down to if you need push email. i dont care what anyone says about iphone push email its crap it is not as fast as the blackberry. i have tested them out and not one day weeks at a time, as a person who needs his email right away the blackberry does the job. i do stock trades so time is money.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
john.mccoy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I got the Storm 2 for work Blackberry and really like it. It took a little while to get used to the touch screen. As far as the browser it does the job. I am fine with it. I think Blackberry is much better than Windoes Mobile.