Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #81
fsantiago36
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: 249E3B0A
Carrier: Tmobile
Lightbulb battery

Please Login to Remove!

Just ordered my Seidio Battery and Seidio Spring Clip Holster for my 8700g with the new holster it has the spring clip at the top so that you dont have to keep checking if your phone is going to fall out of the oem holster. I find myself doing that alot. I'll keep you posted whether the new holder was a great or a bad buy once I get it.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #82
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac
If reading the forum and still seeing problems with full charging not being able to be acheived has not prompted your company to look into this problem honestly what will?

Simply stating you dont see any problems wont cut it. How about some info on what may be causing the problem. It does not make me want to upgrade when it will only charge to 80 or 90 %. Is it all vendors batteries or limited to only some?
Facts and suggestions would be nice.

Marketing political correctness not needed. You have a good rep with the BB folks, dont blow it.
This is NOT just a problem with Seidio's batteries but rather a problem in the OS, the hardware, or the charger (I'm not even sure myself!) I've personally had this issue with numerous batteries in my 7100t and read about numerous problems on these forums long before Seidio's batteries even came out. It's not specific to the 7100, the 8700, or one manufacturer of batteries. You have no proof that this problem is isolated to his batteries and therefore have no right to publicly flame him, or his product, over it.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by John Clark; 01-21-2007 at 06:16 PM..
Old 01-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #83
chrispopovic

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

I've had my battery for three days now. Haven't recharged it once and I'm still over 50%. Fit and finish of the new door is top notch. Got the new holster too. I REALLY like the top clip. There's a chic fuzzy, crushed velvet on the inside of the holster that eliminates any "plasticy" snap noise when the phone clips in. I think it holds much, much better than the crap $29 holster from Cingular that's now broken on me three times.

Somebody mentioned it earlier but the 8700 now actually feels much better in your hand when you type. I think the weight of the new battery and the shape of the door just sit in your hand better.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:13 AM   #84
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispopovic
I've had my battery for three days now. Haven't recharged it once and I'm still over 50%. Fit and finish of the new door is top notch. Got the new holster too. I REALLY like the top clip. There's a chic fuzzy, crushed velvet on the inside of the holster that eliminates any "plasticy" snap noise when the phone clips in. I think it holds much, much better than the crap $29 holster from Cingular that's now broken on me three times.

Somebody mentioned it earlier but the 8700 now actually feels much better in your hand when you type. I think the weight of the new battery and the shape of the door just sit in your hand better.
Please let us know when you recharge it

Thank

Seidio
Old 01-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #85
martin_j001
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: Nokia e71 on ATT

Quote:
If reading the forum and still seeing problems with full charging not being able to be acheived has not prompted your company to look into this problem honestly what will?

Simply stating you dont see any problems wont cut it. How about some info on what may be causing the problem. It does not make me want to upgrade when it will only charge to 80 or 90 %. Is it all vendors batteries or limited to only some?
Facts and suggestions would be nice.

Marketing political correctness not needed. You have a good rep with the BB folks, dont blow it.
In my use of this battery so far (about two weeks or so I think), I have not seen any issues at all with it--it charges fully to 100%, and I plug it in every third day at this point, it runs down to about 35-40% by the end of the third full day (and I'm quite sure I could go for a fourth day too).

As for what I as a consumer expect from Seidio before purchasing is the answer they provided earlier. What more can they do other than test their own batteries to see if they can replicate the issue? If they can't, I don't expect them to start troubleshooting other manufacturers' products to find an answer....
Old 01-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #86
jackwins

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Wink Excellent Battery

I've had my 2400mAh battery for a couple of weeks now. By the way I have the Sprint 8703e. All I can say is that this battery is EXCELLENT . I can go 3 days before I have to recharge, and I use all of this phones abilities. From daily telenav(navigation), to emailing(avg. 30 in/out per day), to web surfing, to actual phone usage(avg. 1-2hrs per day).

Honestly, when I purchased it, I thought it was going to "stick out" more than it did. Also, when I am using the extended battery, the bb feels more secure in my hand. I really like the added weight. Now Seido you guys need to come out with a rubber skin to fit the new size of the bb. I'll be one of the first to purchase.

The battery is great. Seidio you guys have truely outdid yourself on this one.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #87
buggle_96
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

It is now monday with 30% battery left. It has been a full week, and I could go a few more days. With light usage I could make it 9-10 days without a recharge.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #88
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggle_96
It is now monday with 30% battery left. It has been a full week, and I could go a few more days. With light usage I could make it 9-10 days without a recharge.
Have you done the recharge yet ?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #89
caggie01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 25DB352D

I received my extended batter and battery cover a couple weeks ago. It works great, recharges to 100% whether using the laptop or BB Battery charger. The new battery cover fits better than the orignal sent with the BB or the one that came with the earlier extended battery. I'm very happy with this new battery and case, recommending to everyone at work. Nice job!

AT&T
9800 Torch
Playbook 64G
Old 01-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #90
freemantle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Have the dates for the pearl moved up as well??
Old 01-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #91
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemantle
Have the dates for the pearl moved up as well??
Shipping begins for 2400 mah extended battery for Blackberry 8100/Pearl today (1/24)
Old 01-24-2007, 05:36 PM   #92
pizzicar

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon

Have been using my extended battery now for a couple of weeks. Better then the RIM extended and unlike the RIM - NO problems charging it with the wall charger - yea! Very satisified with it.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:22 PM   #93
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Ok how to say this. I have to fall on my sword. I asked one of my people to send me the xxx8220;Seidioxxx8221; battery. Having been told the battery was from Seidio because I had asked them to buy from that company strictly because of the statements made on the forum favoring them. Well after receiving the battery, I discovered the battery was NOT from Seidio, it was from another company. When I called that company I was given the same run around all my folks received. Ok so now I found out they were accurate in the story they told me about the problems with charging and attempt to get it resolved. I also ran into problems with an attempt to return the battery. Guess what, they would get back to me with shipping information. After chewing out a few people and telling them to xxx8220;correct xxx8220;the problem on their own and at their own cost, I think this will not happen again.

Seidio, My sincere apologies for the impression I made here. If anyone asks what company I would recommend, I will certainly say yours. My initial gut feeling was there was a disconnect when I started to receive the information and complaints. Never thinking they used another company specifically after I told then to go to yours was something I never suspected until I received the battery.

For everyone who does have problems, dump the battery you do have and buy one from Seidio,

Last edited by tsac; 01-24-2007 at 11:25 PM..
Old 01-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #94
Fafafoooey

Received my battery yesterday. No problem charging to 100%. The new battery door does make it easier to remove from the OEM holster. Nice fit and finish.

Thanks.

PS. will update with use experience as i use it.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #95
seidioseidio

Quote:
Ok how to say this. I have to fall on my sword. I asked one of my people to send me the “Seidio” battery. Having been told the battery was from Seidio because I had asked them to buy from that company strictly because of the statements made on the forum favoring them. Well after receiving the battery, I discovered the battery was NOT from Seidio, it was from another company. When I called that company I was given the same run around all my folks received. Ok so now I found out they were accurate in the story they told me about the problems with charging and attempt to get it resolved. I also ran into problems with an attempt to return the battery. Guess what, they would get back to me with shipping information. After chewing out a few people and telling them to “correct “the problem on their own and at their own cost, I think this will not happen again.

Seidio, My sincere apologies for the impression I made here. If anyone asks what company I would recommend, I will certainly say yours. My initial gut feeling was there was a disconnect when I started to receive the information and complaints. Never thinking they used another company specifically after I told then to go to yours was something I never suspected until I received the battery.

For everyone who does have problems, dump the battery you do have and buy one from Seidio,
No problem...we're just glad to have you back from the "dark side"! Quick question. I don't know of anybody else making this battery. Can you email the name of the manufacturer to [email address]?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #96
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
Received my battery yesterday. No problem charging to 100%. The new battery door does make it easier to remove from the OEM holster. Nice fit and finish.

Thanks.

which model did you get 8700C, 8700G or 8703e ?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #97
Fafafoooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
which model did you get 8700C, 8700G or 8703e ?
8700C
Old 01-27-2007, 02:12 AM   #98
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

I bought both the battery and the holster. The USB charging stand came today.

Battery
I had the RIM extended battery. This one compares very favorably and seems to about double my battery life. Under the older RIM extended battery I'd get about 2 to 3 days. Under the Seidio I am getting 4 to 6 days. I am a moderate to heavy user of email and probably 60 minutes of phone each day.

Holster
I'd read a few reviews about scratching caused by this holster. I don't see any evidence whatsoever. The entire face of the holster is covered in felt. The BB sits securely clipped in place.

USB Charging Stand
This stand came today. I was pleasantly surprised that it holds my 8700C plus extended battery quite firmly. I think I had read someone saying that their device flopped around in it. I have zero problems with mine and I sense an order for another for my office is about to be placed.

All three of these are very handy additions and I recommend them to anyone.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #99
Fafafoooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafafoooey

Thanks.

Works nice. Goes nearly 2 days before battery meter lower one notch from full charge. Falls faster from there, but can still get 5 full days. Critically low on 5th day.

Nice product.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #100
blackspawn

Model: 8703e

Just ordered my Seidio Battery couple days ago. I will post my updates when i received mine in the mail.