BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
mkraft3003

Model: 8800
Carrier: tmobile
Smile Seidio holster review

Please Login to Remove!

I just received the Seidio holster and let me say WOW. I have been using the SDA case which worked great. I ordered and returned the tuff-as-nuts (the device did not fit properly and was very difficult to get out). The Seidio holster just arrived (ordered on Friday and arrived today with normal shipping). Holster fits the device perfectly, sleeper magnet works great. I am a heavy business user who went from 8700 to the pearl. For anyone looking for a case/holster that has the feel of the 8700 case this is for you. You can take in and out with one hand. (just a disclosure, that I have nothing to do with Seidio, just wanted to pass on a positive experience).
Old 10-18-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
rperalta
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkraft3003
I just received the Seidio holster and let me say WOW. I have been using the SDA case which worked great. I ordered and returned the tuff-as-nuts (the device did not fit properly and was very difficult to get out). The Seidio holster just arrived (ordered on Friday and arrived today with normal shipping). Holster fits the device perfectly, sleeper magnet works great. I am a heavy business user who went from 8700 to the pearl. For anyone looking for a case/holster that has the feel of the 8700 case this is for you. You can take in and out with one hand. (just a disclosure, that I have nothing to do with Seidio, just wanted to pass on a positive experience).
How about some pictures for those people who would like to order one.

Regards,
Old 10-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
kmccarthy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

mods, please move to reviews section. thanks,

Kevin
Old 10-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rperalta
How about some pictures for those people who would like to order one.

Regards,
As requested:

David
[email address]
Old 10-19-2006, 02:02 AM   #5
phjnky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I also received the holster and It seems to be well made, in fact, very well made... here's the one thing I'm doing though that's a bit different but seems to work fine.

I put the phone in with the face of the phone out instead of in. I'm a little nervous about the trackball being pressed against anything... in fact it seemed a little touchy about the whole thing. I'm not going into details because it could be me... if you hold the phone flat and look at what's exposed/highest point on the surface.. it's the trackball. It seems to like the position its in now, facing out.. free and the back isn't likely to be lost in this position. I understand the logic behind the original design, to protect the screen etc.

Good customer service, holster delivered as promised, on time!

on edit... i do note that there is an indentation for the trackball if placed in as suggested.

Last edited by phjnky; 10-19-2006 at 02:14 AM..
Old 10-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
seidioseidio

There is a breif review on Seidioblack skin and holster posted on pinstack.com

Just received the black skin and holster today (ordered it two days ago). The skin is great. Unlike the one sold on the BB site, there is an extra skin that covers the 4 top buttons (green, menu, back and red). I like the feel and it is not too sticky (I was worried about this). The holster too, works just as described and the workmanship on both items is very good. I like that the black skin covers most of the silver sides...it was too flashy for me. I like the subtleness of my now skinned Pearl and I would suggest anyone still interested one, should really consider the one offered by Seidio.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #7
kasperapd

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
There is a breif review on Seidioblack skin and holster posted on pinstack.com

Just received the black skin and holster today (ordered it two days ago). The skin is great. Unlike the one sold on the BB site, there is an extra skin that covers the 4 top buttons (green, menu, back and red). I like the feel and it is not too sticky (I was worried about this). The holster too, works just as described and the workmanship on both items is very good. I like that the black skin covers most of the silver sides...it was too flashy for me. I like the subtleness of my now skinned Pearl and I would suggest anyone still interested one, should really consider the one offered by Seidio.
Will the holster work with your skin?

Please try a Search
Old 10-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #8
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
Will the holster work with your skin?
Next week, Seidio will release another holster that will work with BB 8100 with skin on.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #9
kasperapd

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Next week, Seidio will release another holster that will work with BB 8100 with skin on.
Thanks for the info.

Please try a Search
Old 10-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #10
kevinw23

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT & T

I just recieved my seido holster today and I have to say that I am very upset with the belt clip placement. I think that I am going to return it simply for that reason. Quality, fit and finish is great, just when I clip it on my belt or pocket it is either sticking out or up into my hip depending whether it is sideways or vertical. I don't understand why the clip is located so close to the bottom of the holster.
Very disappointed, I was really looking forward to it.

Kevin
Old 10-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #11
seidio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw23
I just recieved my seido holster today and I have to say that I am very upset with the belt clip placement. I think that I am going to return it simply for that reason. Quality, fit and finish is great, just when I clip it on my belt or pocket it is either sticking out or up into my hip depending whether it is sideways or vertical. I don't understand why the clip is located so close to the bottom of the holster.
Very disappointed, I was really looking forward to it.

Kevin
I'm sorry to hear that. Most users have found the belt clip location very convenient, but I can certainly understand not everyone being in favor of it. Seems like you already know that you have 14 days for the day you receive it to return it. If you need more info about how to go about it, please let me know.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #12
toure

Carrier: Cingular

I would have to agree with Kevinw23. While it's not enough for me to return it, I agree with the clip placement being too low.

It means in a vertical position, the phone sits too high on the belt and the phone digs into my side while seated (and I'm a pretty thin guy).

In a horizontal position, the clip is not centered. In fact, it's not even close. If I planned to use this in a horizontal position, I'd probably return it also. But for vertical, it's an annoyance but not a deal breaker.

I had a 7100 from verizon with a seidio holster and am very impressed with their build quality and functionality. I would say this holster is made as well if not better than my 7100 holster (i like the slightly rubberized plastic on this one). The clip on my 7100 holster was perfectly positioned so I'm not sure why they went slightly lower on this design.

Actually, as I'm looking at it again and noting someone aboves comment regarding the trackball, now I know why. The indention to accommodate the trackball looks like its located exactly where the swivel point is mounted for the clip.

So, I would still like to see the clip moved up 1 or 2 cm and maybe just leave the exisiting spot for the trackball. I understand the exisiting clip only has enough room to move up about 1 cm. See next paragraph for my comment there.

Another complaint. It looks like this is the same clip as the one for the 7100 holster. Proportionately, that's fine for the 7100 but since the Pearl is so much smaller, I would have used a slightly lower profile clip. This one does make the pearl sit out wide from my hip and I do worry I'll catch it on something. I can understand Seidio not wanting to re-tool for another clip. Maybe if BB sells a lot of these, Seidio can consider offering a lower profile clip that is more in proportion with the Pearl's smaller dimensions.

I would still recommend this holster as its the best one out there. Just offering room for improvement.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:30 PM   #13
seidio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

Actually, we retool for every holster. We're taking a look right now at the comments being made and are seeing if there is anything we can do to satisfy people that aren't happy with the clip placement or size. I don't know if anything will come of it (depends on overall feasability), but we will do what we can.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #14
phjnky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I tend to work around these problems and then move on to another case/whatever.. on this issue of clip placement.. I'm clipping the holster to my belt upside down, that way it's not jabbing me. But then the phone is upside down... I like the vertical position, but the clip really is high.

Not complaining, just making an observation. The quality is good, no doubt about that.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #15
TMO Scott

Model: 7100

Where can I order this? I checked Seidio's website and it doesn't look like Pearl stuff is available.

NM - I figured it out.

Last edited by TMO Scott; 10-23-2006 at 07:16 PM..
Old 10-23-2006, 07:17 PM   #16
gsxr150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkraft3003
What a crackerjack. I'm sure he has nothing to do with Seidio.

You guys are aware the OEM Leather RIM case is for sale for less money, right?
Old 10-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #17
mkraft3003

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr150
What a crackerjack. I'm sure he has nothing to do with Seidio.

You guys are aware the OEM Leather RIM case is for sale for less money, right?

Not sure why the attack!! I am more than happy to provide receipts for the sda, nutshell and Seidio holster. By the way the OEM is a whopping $5 cheaper. I have not tried that one so I cant comment. I was just hoping to give my review of the product, which others have commented on (both good and bad). While on the subject, after using it for a week I will agree that the clip is too low and does cause the holster to stick up too high causing it to poke my side. A redesign would be nice.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #18
majorxp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

I think the attack was because that review was your only post.

...on topic...
It sounds like a great case, but the clip is too high.

/hits search button on clips and cases to find one as I hate to have my phone in my pocket
Old 10-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #19
mkraft3003

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorxp
I think the attack was because that review was your only post.

...on topic...
It sounds like a great case, but the clip is too high.

/hits search button on clips and cases to find one as I hate to have my phone in my pocket

I can understand that point. (If it makes a difference I have been a member since dec '05. I usually read but don't post).
Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #20
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

Shouldn't this be in the Reviews section?
Closed Thread