BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
ukelise
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None
Default Credit Check Declined, Need someone for a contract or Solutions.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
I actually have no idea where to post that so i'll do it here.

I've applied like 10 times for a phone contract and it has always be declined after the credit check was done. I know that shopping around is bad for my credit rate and stuff. It is not about a bad credit history, but because I'm in London since september (was living in Paris before that) and I live in a hall of residence and as a guy from Vodafone told me, they usually don't offer plans to people who are living in halls of residence (and I dont even know why). I'm at university for a degree (so for 3years) and I'm gonna have my own appartement next year (flatshare) but I can't wait for a contract till September.

So what I was thinking is : Is there anyone who lives in London (or anyway in the UK) and who can do this contract for me (I really really need this) and I'll pay thought Paypal or whatever this person each month (with a supplement because of this favor). I know this is a desperate call and that probably anyone's gonna reply, but I wanted to try just in case. I'm a very serious person and we can discuss about this anytime.

Or do you know any other solutions that can make me have a blackberry data plan ? (I've tryied all the providers, even Virgin Uk online).

Regards.

Last edited by ukelise; 01-19-2010 at 04:55 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Raptor464
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.

Model: 9700
PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

Wow. Just wow
Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
fritz269

PIN: Ask
Carrier: T-Mobile

spam
Old 01-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

Do you have a parent with good credit history that can help you out? Or a relative?

I don't think your going to find someone online who will be willing to be financially responsible for you.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Use orange PAYG with blackberry data plan.
Yes, its PAYG, but its blackberry data without a contract, so no credit check.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Yeah... nevermind...

#fail

Last edited by fonejunkie; 01-19-2010 at 06:36 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Who would have thought..

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #8
david9962000

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDraven View Post
That's perfect and you will be independent.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
ukelise

Take it easy guys, I told you that was a desperate call.. I have faith - maybe too much on this one, whatever, wanted to try, got nothing to lose here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
Do you have a parent with good credit history that can help you out? Or a relative?
Unfortunately, no. I'm French and I'm here for studies so don't have any siblings in England.

Quote:
Thanks for the information, im gonna take a look at that.

Edit : Ok, I've just looked and there is one for the Curve 8520 but it's out of stock. But I'd like the new bold with a data plan with a UK provider. Do you think I can find that ? If I buy the phone naked, will I be able to find a blackberry data plan PAYG with it ? If I can't, I think I'll have to go for the Curve then, but I use to have an Iphone so I'm a bit afraid as the curve don't have 3G and other stuff.

Last edited by ukelise; 01-20-2010 at 12:56 AM..
Old 01-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #10
soulman978

Model: 9850
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukelise View Post
Take it easy guys, I told you that was a desperate call.. I have faith - maybe too much on this one, whatever, wanted to try, got nothing to lose here.

Thanks for the information, im gonna take a look at that.

Edit : Ok, I've just looked and there is one for the Curve 8520 but it's out of stock. But I'd like the new bold with a data plan with a UK provider. Do you think I can find that ? If I buy the phone naked, will I be able to find a blackberry data plan PAYG with it ? If I can't, I think I'll have to go for the Curve then, but I use to have an Iphone so I'm a bit afraid as the curve don't have 3G and other stuff.
Although you would "like" to have the Bold, I think you need to take what you can get and be happy with it.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #11
ukelise

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman978 View Post
Although you would "like" to have the Bold, I think you need to take what you can get and be happy with it.
OK, Dad.

Well, excuse me for asking but my iPhone wasn't really cheap so I just want to see if I can have something similar here. Now if I can't get this, I'll do that. Thanks for the "advice".
Old 01-20-2010, 12:35 AM   #12
CedarTREEz4

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukelise View Post
OK, Dad.

Well, excuse me for asking but my iPhone wasn't really cheap so I just want to see if I can have something similar here. Now if I can't get this, I'll do that. Thanks for the "advice".
This guy is a bit more rude to my liking, especially for a new member!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 AM   #13
ukelise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarTREEz4 View Post
This guy is a bit more rude to my liking, especially for a new member!
Girl.

Lol, rude ? Take a look at some posts here and then tell me who's rude.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:08 AM   #14
thatboiwes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Torch
PIN: 22D1C6A9
Carrier: at&t

Why are you so desperate for a phone with a contract?

I say if you can get atleast something close to what you wanting without a contract, then go for it.

I can almost promise you that you will not find anyone anywhere that doesn't know you that will be willing to take on that responsibility, especially on a month-to-month basis. If you were willing to pay for the whole contract in advance, then you MIGHT could find someone who is trusting enough to do it, but even that is extremely doubtful. Besides, that would run you about $2500 and I'm sure, as a college student, you don't have that much money just laying around, otherwise you wouldn't be is the situation you are in now.

Anyways, good luck in your search.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:35 AM   #15
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Yes, you can buy a Orange branded or unlocked 9700 and then go and get a PAYG sim with blackberry services from Orange and pop it in.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #16
Noodle22

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

I think you guys are misunderstanding the OP, and those of you who are calling her rude are new members as well.

The OP is a student in a new country, it's hard to get approved for a phone contract in that situation. It's not about if the OP has money, it's about the fact they don't have established credit where they live at this time. I deal with this at times with my work as well, in Canada we just make people pay a deposit if they have insufficient credit history due to being new to the country.

Assuming she can't afford a phone due to this situation would definately provoke the reaction she gave, ie "thanks for the advice" Not having money was never mentioned.

Let's be civil towards each other and work towards providing a solution.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #17
ukelise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboiwes View Post
Why are you so desperate for a phone with a contract?

I say if you can get atleast something close to what you wanting without a contract, then go for it.

I can almost promise you that you will not find anyone anywhere that doesn't know you that will be willing to take on that responsibility, especially on a month-to-month basis. If you were willing to pay for the whole contract in advance, then you MIGHT could find someone who is trusting enough to do it, but even that is extremely doubtful. Besides, that would run you about $2500 and I'm sure, as a college student, you don't have that much money just laying around, otherwise you wouldn't be is the situation you are in now.

Anyways, good luck in your search.
Yeah well I knew that but wanted to try, got nothing to loose her and as I said that was a desperate call, I didn't expect 30 people saying "Yeah of course we'll do that for you, here's my card number and my account number..".
But this PAYG Orange thing look pretty good, I'm gonna go to an Orange store find out exactly what this is about.

Quote:
Yes, you can buy a Orange branded or unlocked 9700 and then go and get a PAYG sim with blackberry services from Orange and pop it in.
Good, thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
I think you guys are misunderstanding the OP, and those of you who are calling her rude are new members as well.

The OP is a student in a new country, it's hard to get approved for a phone contract in that situation. It's not about if the OP has money, it's about the fact they don't have established credit where they live at this time. I deal with this at times with my work as well, in Canada we just make people pay a deposit if they have insufficient credit history due to being new to the country.

Assuming she can't afford a phone due to this situation would definately provoke the reaction she gave, ie "thanks for the advice" Not having money was never mentioned.

Let's be civil towards each other and work towards providing a solution.
Well I thought they would do the same, like I went to 02 and warned them that I was a foreign student and that I've been living in London for a few month only, and they also told me that I'll just have to pay a deposit but then, credit check comes and declined. I think it's mostly because I live in a hall of residence. Anyway I didn't know that I'll have such problems to get a damn phone contract..
Anyway, thanks for trying to calm down this topic.. ;)
Old 01-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #18
pshift
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ...
PIN: N/A. Went To Android!
Carrier: Busy Signal :)

Get one without a contract, if you are that desperate. PAYG is the way to go for your needs.
Closed Thread