BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:53 AM   #21
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

*raise hand* of course i also use my devices more than any human should... 6gb of data last month without tethering.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:04 AM   #22
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

I tether, and just because Verizon Wireless charges $.49/mb after 5gb, I have tethering on both my BBs
Old 04-14-2008, 07:18 AM   #23
Chaseh140
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Ball point

the point is sprint may offer unlimited everything but you are very limited where you can use it. coverage is very poor outside cities. if you live in a highly populated area and NEVER plan on leaving for travel I would suggest sprint, if not dont wast your money
Old 04-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #24
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERDude View Post

Compare the plans for yourself and you'll see that the Sprint Plan is head and shoulders above Verizon, if you don't require access to BES there's no need for a Blackberry Plan on Sprint.

Wrong you are paying for the BB plan it is just built in. Sprint still pays the fees to RIM for the services which means the customer does.

This plan is sweet a great deal but the Service (covergae area)is inadequate and customer service is nill
Old 04-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #25
metro12
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

I think you have to approach the issue from a business perspective. What does Sprint have that would add to the bottom line of a company. I think someone earlier made the point, a valid point, two different frequency systems, etc. and the cost of switching everyone over.

I would think another company has to be thinking what spectrum does Sprint have, what infrastructure, etc. (what assets....i.e. real estate, equipment, intellectual property, etc.) Another company has to see Sprints customer base as an asset but I can't see that alone as the reason to spend billions of dollars.

When it comes right down to it what helps the bottom line rules the day and if Spprint has crappy customer service (be it real or perceived) and that hurts Sprints public image...read bottom line then maybe leaving Sprint to its own demise serves the others self interest.

Lastly and I admit some ignorance of this, I thought I saw somewhere here that Sprint is a #3 carrier. That is no small change. That's billions of dollars on the closing of that purchase and sale.

It's kind of like politics...they want you to think you matter but really.....AND I AM NOT STARTING A POLITICAL DISCUSSION! Just making a point.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #26
netwiz01
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 32B21BE5
Carrier: Sprint, Power up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
Sprint wireless is a flailing company, but if you look at their landline it is more than fine. it would make more sense for sprint to sell off their wireless than for VZW to take over the whole company. VZW doesnt have that kind of cash. Tmobile USA buying sprint? that would likewise be useless. Two different frequency sets, and many billions of dollars switching existing customers over to the new frequency. Keep in mind Tmo's network was Sprint's original Network. No, i dont think sprint will be going anywhere any time soon, they are still in third, firmly as a matter of fact, and wont be going anywhere.

I agree with you. Whether you like Sprint or not the company has one of the top digital networks in the country. Like you stated, their land lines are huge business cash cows. Once they get WiMax working, many people will be changing their tune.

PIN: 32B11BE5
Old 04-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #27
complexx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Last edited by complexx; 04-28-2008 at 06:56 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #28
Stabs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseh140 View Post
the point is sprint may offer unlimited everything but you are very limited where you can use it. coverage is very poor outside cities. if you live in a highly populated area and NEVER plan on leaving for travel I would suggest sprint, if not dont wast your money
I'm sorry but this is totally incorrect. Sprint has roaming agreements with Alltel and Verizon. I get coverage pretty much everywhere in the KC area and EVDO in the most ridiculous rural areas in western and southern Kansas.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #29
Chaseh140
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Ball point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabs View Post
I'm sorry but this is totally incorrect. Sprint has roaming agreements with Alltel and Verizon. I get coverage pretty much everywhere in the KC area and EVDO in the most ridiculous rural areas in western and southern Kansas.
they have had bad coverage in my area for the past 10 years, no improvements except for a nascar sponsorship. I live off the interstate inbetween Birmingham and Atlanta, not really the boondocks.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:42 AM   #30
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

I also live in a major metropolitan area, and when I had Sprint/Nextel, there were lots of areas that I didn't get coverage, my own home for instance, as well as a 1 mile stretch of my commute.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #31
donniebyers
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

As long as sprint has crackhead pricing plans, people will buy there phones.

and as long as sprint has pathetic customer service, existing customers will flee to other carriers.

sprint can save itself but refuses to.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #32
stargurl84
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I hope it never happens. Competition is good for us consumers.
I agree....no matter how bad the provider is
Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #33
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseh140 View Post
Not in ny, no sprint phone or even my att phone gets service in my summer house in the wood yet vz works.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #34
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???

Wirelessly posted

Btw nextel was the first company to offer 99 in/out unlimited plans and that's back in the day you paid 99 and about 40-45 in taxes but they were the first ever 99 unlimited
Old 05-01-2008, 12:22 AM   #35
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Sprint has now completely written off the entire price ($ Billions) they paid for Nextel. That is one horribly managed company. The only way Verizon would buy them (if the government would allow it - doubtful) would be at fire sale prices.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #36
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
Sprint wireless is a flailing company, but if you look at their landline it is more than fine. it would make more sense for sprint to sell off their wireless than for VZW to take over the whole company. VZW doesnt have that kind of cash. Tmobile USA buying sprint? that would likewise be useless. Two different frequency sets, and many billions of dollars switching existing customers over to the new frequency. Keep in mind Tmo's network was Sprint's original Network. No, i dont think sprint will be going anywhere any time soon, they are still in third, firmly as a matter of fact, and wont be going anywhere.
T-Mobile looking to acquire Sprint? | The Boy Genius Report

Look like my crystal ball was working that day!
Closed Thread