This for the 8300, and will work on any 8300 from any carrier.
Package Version: 126.96.36.199
- Applications: 188.8.131.52
- Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
- File name: 8300M_PBr4.5.0_rel92_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.168.ex e
- File size: 73MB
Download here: Click here
After clicking on that link, click "United Kingdom" for English Users, or choose the country of your choice, etc.
In the next window, click FREE DOWNLOADS
Then, Click "RIM Devices" and find the 8300
Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8300:
1. Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed.
BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com
2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.
To find previous versions of the OS for this device, click http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/145381-latest-os-8300-4-5-0-81-4-5-0-55-multilanguage.html