BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 02:46 PM   #1
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US
Default T-Mobile Problems - 7100t (training and SB weirdness)

Please Login to Remove!

I moved from a 7230 to a 7100t.

I changed my device in the BWC at blackberry.com dutifully and synced to my PowerBook using PocketMac and left the house.

Email never did show up, so I logged into the BWC, sent the servicebook for Web and Email and got the IM client sent over (which worked right away) and still never got email.

I noticed the emails were queued up in the BWC email interface, weird. So I called T-Mobile and they had me delete the first servicebook for WebClient, get another one, THEN they sent a SECOND one "on top of" the other.

The rep I spoke to asked me if it showed both Service Books (with one 'checked' and the other with the book icon,) and I said no, and he said "then send yourself an email and it should work!"

So I sent an email from my G5 at work to my tmo.blackberry.net address and it worked.

So as of this afternoon I have a fully functional T-Mobile 7100t with IM, email, and everything working.

Also!!

For those who care, BlackBerry 3.8 appears to support S/MIME certificates! :D :D :D
Old 09-30-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Oops, also: the rep I spoke to said they hadn't really received any training on the device, other than it was the New BlackBerry and that it looked like a phone.

He did follow a script capably and all, but didn't really have much 'face time' with a 7100t, if at all.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
bhsalzer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

How did you log into the BWC and send a service book for IM? I still can't get my IM working at Tmo is clueless.

Can you help?

Now: BB8900
Past: BB8320, BB8100, BB8700, BB7105, BB7100, BB7230, 2 Treos, 2 Sidekicks
Old 09-30-2004, 04:23 PM   #4
stompyj

same as bhsalzer
Old 09-30-2004, 06:41 PM   #5
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Okay I'll start from the beginning in case you haven't used BWC before.

If this isn't your first BlackBerry on T-Mobile, it's easier.

Basicly if you have an account, you login here:

https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...w.jsp?site=tmo

Note: The BWC site sucks ass and only works on Windows IE. It doesn't work on my Mac worth a damn in Safari or Firefox nor Windows Firefox because the RIM web developers are stupid halfwits that never tested the content in anything other than Windows IE and need to be beaten to a bloody pulp. You will have to GUESS which icon is the Options/Profile icon, or dust off some copy of Internet Explorer (which no sane person would use anyway).

Anyway!

There is an option under either Options or Profile to send the service book to your handheld. I'd remove the busted one, send yourself another one. If you get a message saying "welcome to T-Mobile" in your Messages application you probably have a valid SB.

Send your bberry account (user@tmo.blackberry.net) a message and see if it gets there.

The BWC provisioning station at T-Mobile was taking a beating today.

It took the tech on the phone 5 minutes for the first SB and then another 2 for the second one.

I don't know what they did after that, they said they had some problem with the SB if it failed to take. If you do this and it doesn't help, call 611, press '2' and tell the WDG you need a Bberry tech. I think sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. (You can also confirm your Bberry PIN is setup right on the BWC webpage)

If the t-mo Bberry tech doesn't know anything about the Service Book being weird and doesn't tell you "Yeah, I heard about this, we can fix it," tell them your car is on fire and you have to go, hang up, call back, and hope for a competent engineer to assist you.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:27 PM   #6
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc
Carrier: T-Mobile

If you are an existing TMO BB user and are migrating to the 7100T, the easiest thing to do is (a) switch your SIM card, then (b) call TMobile customer service, ask for the Wireless Service Department, Level 2. When they get on the phone, tell them you have a new blackberry and aren't getting emails yet - they'll ask you for the new IMEI and PIN for your 7100T and in 5 minutes you'll be up and running.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:31 AM   #7
stompyj

thanks guys ! everything is running on my end!
Closed Thread