Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 02:58 PM   #21
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolio
I noticed this morning I didn't get any emails via BWC (and, I always get emails overnight). My resolution: I turned the wireless signal off and then on, again. It immediately pulled all of the emails I received overnight. Strange...

And, for the record, I haven't noticed any delays in receiving BWC emails (in Boston, MA).
I cycled the wireless just now and I'm getting the mix of Thursday and Friday as well.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 10-15-2004, 03:14 PM   #22
whoscalling
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Still hit or miss. I recently received two email's with the senders information but none of the body of the email was sent.

I checked my email via PC and those two emails indeed had messages associated with them that did not get transfered to the BB.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:49 PM   #23
koolio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok, I guess I jinxed myself when I posted, earlier, that I wasn't having any issues with BWC b/c now I am!

Called Tmo and they said RIM is having some infrastructure issues and that they are working on them. But, she couldn't give me an ETC. I really hope this doesn't last all day tomorrow...I'll be really annoyed. Things like this will really disappoint and frustrate BB owners - especially, those of us who just converted to BB's with the 7100t.

On a similar note, she told me to turn off/on my wireless signal 1 - 2 times per day in order to ensure I don't get "bumped off of the cell tower" b/c when there are a lot of BB users logging on, it will drop the oldest sign on request. This sounds ridiculous that I have to do this to ensure I get emails. Was she just smoking crack or is there some validity to her suggestion?
Old 10-15-2004, 06:10 PM   #24
whoscalling

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

I too was on the phone with T-Mobile and they don't have a clue.

They first started telling me that it has only been a problem since last night, and that the problem is only "a delay in receiving"- I have emails waiting on the BWC since Oct 10

Some messages are sent while others are not. I thought it was only a delay so i checked my BWC and there were 203 unread (or should i say undelivered) messages.

I would call this a delay!

We checked my 7100t and everything is set and working properly on my device.

The most annoying point of it all was they offered me a $5.00 credit or 50 minutes and kept blaming RIM system.

Is it RIM or T-Mobile???
Old 10-15-2004, 07:28 PM   #25
koolio
Thumbs Must Hurt

I, too, have a bunch of unread messages displayed on the BWC website but I've received a few of them on my BB (and deleted them from BB). Question: when deleting from BB, doesn't it delete it from the BWC Inbox?

It'd be nice if Tmo actually had a real answer for us and a resolution ASAP.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:24 AM   #26
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

i think i'm all set now.

everyone?
Old 10-18-2004, 12:30 PM   #27
koolio
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've been getting email since this past Saturday but I noticed that via BWC it's still not consistent in retrieving emails every 15mins...I have to turn the wireless signal off / on in order for it to pull down my other emails. Really, really annoying and it undermines the primary functionality of a BB.

For me, everything seemed to be fine from Saturday to just a few mins ago; which was when I noticed I had an email sent to my .Mac account at 12:59 and as of 1:24, my BB didn't get that email.

Anyone else noticing that, randomly, your BB doesn't pull email from BWC?
Old 10-18-2004, 12:49 PM   #28
swilcox
Knows Where the Search Button Is

FWIW (and I hope I don't jinx myself), service in Albuquerque NM apparently has not been affected. My messages seem to arrive within a minute or less of sending them, when I send to myself.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #29
swilcox
Knows Where the Search Button Is

FWIW (and I hope I don't jinx myself), service in Albuquerque NM apparently has not been affected. My messages seem to arrive within a minute or less of sending them, when I send to myself.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:32 AM   #30
masonfoley

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default (10/19/2004 - 10:20AM) - Atlanta, GA

I ran some tests this morning. I have an autoforwarder at my domain to forward emails sent to my main account to my account at tmo.blackberry.net. With this enabled, I am seeing the message delivered within 2 to 5 minutes. This is acceptable.

When I don't have the auto-forward enabled and the account configured at webclient.blackberry, I noticed it took about 15 minutes which is further away from ideal.

I am located in Atlanta, GA. I've seen some inconsistencies however I'm not sure if that's due to configuration on my part or the network's performance.

I'm glad there are users out there that are applying pressure on TMO. You can be sure if I get my ducks in a row and see the problem on TMO's end, I will be calling them as well. Some extra minutes would be nice When you pay an extra $30 (+$10 for BES) per month, it better darn well work.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:25 PM   #31
vinniet

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

I am located in NYC and the service seem very fast. BTW last week on Thur and Fri the service was very slow. I called T-Mobile and complained and they said they would give me 500 free minutes. I told her that did me no good since I was data only so she gave me $5 off.

Not a lot of money to me but it hurts there pocketbook when thousands call up.

Vinnie
Closed Thread