BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 08:17 AM   #1
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100G
Default Problems Upgrading OS 4.1

Please Login to Remove!

Seems that this is my week for problems huh? Anytime I fix one thing, something 2 steps down from that goes wrong.

This is my latest problem, downloaded and started the upgrade process for OS 4.1 and right before it finished, it was at one of the last steps, this message appeared :

Anyone know what I should do? Im at work and the desktop manager is working fine here. Just dont want to ruin something by doing the wrong thing to try to fix this. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:49 AM   #2
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok just reloaded the Desktop Manager, redid the update and it said it updated fine. When it finally turned back on though, the theme was a nasty black and white with icons and the only other theme I could choose was the list theme that comes with it. Will I have to reload all my themes to the blackberry now? As well as the email doesn't work anymore. Says its :
"No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft"

But I went and did the Enterprise Activation and also went the the cingular wap and went to the blackberry start and logged in and checked to make sure my email pop3 was still set there and clicked done.

I even sent a test email message to the phone and got it. But why cant I send mail out?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #3
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

wow you are having some troubles arent you. I thought only I had issues. Yes you will have to reinstall all themes they arent on the computer so they didnt get reinstalled. As far as the email resend the service books. reregister on the network
Old 10-18-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skettalee
Ok just reloaded the Desktop Manager, redid the update and it said it updated fine. When it finally turned back on though, the theme was a nasty black and white with icons and the only other theme I could choose was the list theme that comes with it. Will I have to reload all my themes to the blackberry now? As well as the email doesn't work anymore. Says its :
"No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft"

But I went and did the Enterprise Activation and also went the the cingular wap and went to the blackberry start and logged in and checked to make sure my email pop3 was still set there and clicked done.

I even sent a test email message to the phone and got it. But why cant I send mail out?
Sorry if this sounds rude... but don't you have an IT department to help you with this kind of stuff? If you're doing Enterprise Activations... then surely someone at your company is running a BES server and can most likely help you out.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #5
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Im on the phone with blackberry data department at cingular right now. How do I resend Service books? I tried Enterprise Activation but it only keeps saying Activating... and tried the blackberry start on the cingular wap and that told me my login info was wrong which I know it wasn't cause I had to redo this twice yesterday and it was always the same thing. It ended up locking me out of that so thats why im on the phone with them now. But as always, im on hold.

Yeah I sware problems hit me all at one time with everything. I through I installed 4.1 but checked about and it says 4.0.2.49 or whatever. Does that mean I still dont have 4.1? I know I have something new because the menus have changed a tad bit.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
Dawg
No longer Registered.

the 4.1 is the desktop manager not the handheld os
Old 10-18-2005, 09:25 AM   #7
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

What I heard something about 4.1 OS that has custom ring tones in the software. I dont see that in there. Was I wrong and they dont have that?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:30 AM   #8
Dawg
No longer Registered.

its not out yet only on the brand new 7100I currently the only 4.1 that is available to general public is 4.1 desktop manager
Old 10-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #9
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ah, thats where I got all confused!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:40 AM   #10
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

You know what I do not understand is why you ask the same question in a bunch of threads and dont read the answers, for the umpteenth time, 4.1 handheld version of the software is not avaialble to you yet only the desktop version is. Also activating BES has got nothing to do with your BWC services. BES is the Blackberry Exchange Service, this is ussually done through your corporation, if in effect you have BES then go to your IT department and they will solve your problems. If you do not have BES through work then do not activate it, it wont work. If you stopped to read answers to the questions you propose instead of just going to another thread and reposting it elsewhere you might be able to solve some of those problems if not all. Asking questions without stopping to read the answers is not smart at all.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 10-18-2005, 09:46 AM   #11
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Kontiki I thought it was just me that he was making my head spin
Old 10-18-2005, 09:53 AM   #12
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Nope. He has over ten threads and he posts and runs to post elsewhere when he doesnt get a quick answer or an answer he doesnt like, I have been trying to help him but he just goes elsewhere and reposts and does not come back to read i guess. Been going on for almost three or four days now.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 10-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #13
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

No man dont make me out like that. Im not doing anything close to that. This is my process of finding out stuff :

I get on the forum and do a quick search from what I can think to find answers. When I dont find the exact answers im looking for I go and make my own thread, but still continue searching, and while in other threads I make reply to them about the same things that I made my thread about, but that is just because its relevant to the thread and might be something I missed to say or might just be another group of people that go to that one and know the answers. Guess it doesn't happen here that much but im a forum junky and I do know that alot of forums, users tend to hang in certain areas and thats about it. So I go everywhere I can, read what I can and then if I have a question about the exact thread, I will reply to it. Its not like I just start asking the same question everywhere hoping one of them will get answered in seconds.

And I do go back to each and every thread that I create or even post replies to, reading everything after I posted.

Sometimes I dont read everything on a long thread because alot of stuff is irrelevant and I usually just read the first 2 or 3 replies along with the original posters comments. When I seen 4.1 OS, I didn't read anywhere in the first few posts about it not being out and figured it was cause they were posting screenshots.

I can understand how you guys can get aggrivated by a new guy coming and just jumping all over the place asking questions but im not trying to annoy anyone and just trying to get help with all the different subjects I can pertaining to all the different threads I reply in. I dont just sit there asking the same things everywhere.

There are different reasons why my stuff could have been not working or I could have had problems and I was trying to cover all basis.

NOW GO TO BED. But also, thank you all for the help so far. Just dont see me as trying to leech all over you guys' skills to get everything I can out of you and annoy at the same time. Just want to get some help in alot of different areas of this phone since I still dont even know what the hell BES or BWC and crap mean.

I just got the phone from a cingular store in Maryland (in South Carolina now) and took it to Louisiana and got it connected under an LA number, disconnected it for months cause of how stupid Cingular is to want to take your life savings just to connect you to the device, then found out military gets 20% discount on monthly bills and I also wanted to get the unlock code for the phone to use it when I get deployed overseas on international companies so I connected it back. Im actually thinking of getting rid of it when I get the code and hoping to get something like an HTC Wizard with Windows Mobile 5.0 and a keyboard so I can do it up hardcore style. And just using the blackberry when overseas.

Wow that was a long post, sorry! Just a rant!
Old 10-18-2005, 11:38 AM   #14
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Well most people come on and hit new posts and answer the question if they know the answer. But if they see the person posting same question in alot of different threads they just move on. BWC is the web client for email. BES is corporate server
Old 10-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #15
DanielC9
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Telstra

Skettalee

Your the worst kind of forum user. Or should I call you a Mass Spammer?
The choice is yours
Old 10-26-2005, 10:14 PM   #16
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

DanielC9 - that was uncalled for.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:34 PM   #17
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

i agree. calling someone a forum spammer by bumping a week old thread. sure was a lot of credibilty behind that statement, eh?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #18
Turboman93
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

KonTiki,

Not to sound like a nitpick but BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Server. It supports Novell Groupwise, Microsoft Exchange, and Lotus Domino.
Closed Thread