BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default AlertMatrix triggered by CC'd mail?

Please Login to Remove!

I used AMX for a few weeks setting up two rules, one for each of my two email accounts (BES & BIS). I had no problems as all emails to either account, whether sent directly to me or to me via CC or BC, triggered AMX. Then I upgraded to their newest version. Since that time numerous emails haven't triggered AMX; customer support recently notified me that the problem is that AMX is designed at this time to only trigger when emails are sent directly to me as opposed to by CC or BC. They indicate this is the way it was and is. But, I find the fact that the problem didn't exist until the upgrade perplexing.

Am looking for any insights, experiences, etc. from others using AMX.

thanks

Last edited by CSO; 12-21-2008 at 11:51 PM..
Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Probably your best bet for this is to try the rexwireless forums at REXforums.com • Index page

Regards-Michael G.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio
Probably your best bet for this is to try the rexwireless forums at REXforums.com • Index page

Regards-Michael G.
Thanks. Did that but am looking for as much anectdotal evidence as possible that the issue goes beyond just my device.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSO View Post
Wirelessly posted

Thanks. Did that but am looking for as much anectdotal evidence as possible that the issue goes beyond just my device.

Thanks
Try disabling all of your rules and alerts and try setting up some plain basic rules to test if things are working right and then build from there. At the same time, jot what is different. I did this with Rex support for about1 week prior to this newest release cause I was having the same issues. There are a couple of settings as well that you need to look at closely on the rules which I suspect is your issue. If all else fails, then continue to get with the Rex Support. They will help if you let them know all of your issues, they just like to get a good idea upfront; the more facts you have, the faster they will help! That has been my experience with them. Good luck friend! DBB
Old 12-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

unfortunately AMX's customer support indicates that emails where my address is in the CC or BC field instead of the "TO" field cannot trigger AMX. They've been very responsive, but this limitation is a major issue for me, as I would think it would be for others as well, since AMX is completely ineffective for emails to CC/BC. AMX says its presently a limitation of BB. The odd thing however is that it appears their competitor (webmessenger alerts - by looking at their user manual) does provide an option to create rules for emails with the users address in the CC/BC field. I'm looking into this further to make sure the description applies to BB as their program also is WM based.

I've responded to AMX about this and am waiting to see what they say.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO

CSO,

We must have gotten our signals crossed on that question: AMX does not and has never checked CC or BCC lines on an email. The feature is there to check the "TO:" line, and that is what it does. This is not a BB limitation, it is working as designed/expected. You may argue that this is incorrect, and that may be, but this is not a "bug". On the other hand, one of the issues we were working for you was that an Alert was not dismissed automatically when you open an SMS Text message, and this is a BB API lmitation. We are not aware of any work-around.

The purpose of AlertMatrix is to pinpoint emails from a specific person or company, pinpoint emails with a specific phrase in the subject, or pinpoint emails addressed to you. It does this primary mission well. I'm sure our competitor offers different capabilities than AlertMatrix does, although it is hard to imagine that they can trigger off the bcc field or when you receive messages as part of a email-distribution-list.

AlertMatrix's key strengths are the ability to have different priorities on alerts, escalate certain alerts ahead of other than may be in the process of firing, delay alerts with a priority sensitive filter, and snoozing individual alerts when want to address them later. We believe this priority sensitivity is what makes AlertMatrix shine in daily use, helping the user by reducing interruptions and stress.

We would suggest evaluating the other program and see if it is a better fit for your specific needs.

Cheers,

the REXguys

AlertMatrix 2008 by REXwireless Software

Last edited by rexguys; 12-23-2008 at 06:10 PM..
Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #7
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexguys View Post
CSO,

We must have gotten our signals crossed on that question: AMX does not and has never checked CC or BCC lines on an email. The feature is there to check the "TO:" line, and that is what it does. This is not a BB limitation, it is working as designed/expected. You may argue that this is incorrect, and that may be, but this is not a "bug". On the other hand, one of the issues we were working for you was that an Alert was not dismissed automatically when you open an SMS Text message, and this is a BB API lmitation. We are not aware of any work-around.

The purpose of AlertMatrix is to pinpoint emails from a specific person or company, pinpoint emails with a specific phrase in the subject, or pinpoint emails addressed to you. It does this primary mission well. I'm sure our competitor offers different capabilities than AlertMatrix does, although it is hard to imagine that they can trigger off the bcc field or when you receive messages as part of a email-distribution-list.

AlertMatrix's key strengths are the ability to have different priorities on alerts, escalate certain alerts ahead of other than may be in the process of firing, delay alerts with a priority sensitive filter, and snoozing individual alerts when want to address them later. We believe this priority sensitivity is what makes AlertMatrix shine in daily use, helping the user by reducing interruptions and stress.

We would suggest evaluating the other program and see if it is a better fit for your specific needs.

Cheers,

the REXguys

AlertMatrix 2008 by REXwireless Software
As I've indicated to you guys one way or the other over the short period of time I've had AMX, I luv the program except for the above mentioned limitation (whether by design or otherwise). Your support/responses have been exceptional in terms of timing and content. My understanding is that you intend to add to the program over time; if so, I sincerely hope you'll consider adding the functionality that I'm addressing here. If I'm right, based on the competitors user manual, and they do look for CC/BC etc, then I'd hope your program could do so also, at some point. Again though, and I know I've repeated this over and over, the strangest thing to me is that all the emails that are now not being caught, were caught and triggering AMX prior to the update (presumably a quirk of some sort, but it was happening).

In any event, keep up the good work, and thanks.

CSO
Closed Thread