BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-24-2006, 10:00 PM   #21
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Please Login to Remove!

Forgot to update this LOL I did manage to get the extended battery kit to fit in the case. And I'm waiting for a second case in Old Fashion Chocolate.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #22
Chinasaur
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z30
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've now had mine for two months and love this case. I use my own screen protectors so I don't mind the open face look. In fact, I prefer it for clarity.

The stiff back gives my large hands something to hold onto and the side ridges give my fingers something to grip. The fit/finish of this unit is outstanding. The leather is first class and the stitching is very good. I got the plain vanilla black (is that an oxymoron?) case and couldn't be happier with the purchase and the protection it offers.

It is still breaking in and probably will be for months....which I like. I prefer a product that is very stiff and takes longer to mold to my contours. This usually means it is made of very high quality materials, and lots of them, which in this case is the truth.

Occasionally the Fortte tag on the right side gets up my nose but I've learned to live with it. Since there is no good way to cut it without hurting the stitching or leaving an ugly remnant, I've no choice but to tolerate it. The clip does make the unti pooch out from my waist but it's something I can live with.

I loved this case so much I bought a friend the same style for her e61. She digs it the most.

I rate this product a Five of Five Whatevers™ for it's construction, material quality, withstanding wear and how it feels when you hold it.

If you don't want plastic over your keys, and don't need plastic over your screen, this is most definately the case for you.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #23
Chinasaur

Default Purchased one for my 7290

After using the case on my 8700g, I purchased another for my 7290, which I use occassionally. My SO still has her Fortte open faced case on her e61 and it's wearing like iron and she loves the protection it provides as well as the extra something to hold onto.

Craftmanship is top notch. Case back is very stiff and all leather used is first quality. Even small strips around cutouts are reinforced.

These cases take weeks/months to fully break in, but you know you've got one of the strongest, if not THE strongest, case around.

Cannot recommend Forte strongly enough.

And no, I do not work for Fortte, nor benefit in any way from recommending them.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #24
Chinasaur

Me again, but this time with a Non-Blackberry device in a Fortte Open faced case.

I purchased two Dash Fortte Open Faced Cases for my SO and her daughter. And these cases are flawless. The Dash is a tiny device and very thin. The Fortte cases have a stiff, leather wrapped backing (like most Fortte open faced cases) but it does not get in the way and enhances the hold and 'feel' of the device.

Fortte engineered a small "foot" or lip at the bottom of the device that curves up and holds the bottom of the device securely once the case has been snapped shut. All buttons are accessible with no leather/material in the way. The top and bottom edges are exposed like most Fortte open facers, but it's something you accpet/watch out for if you like the case style.

All in all, this Dash cash ranks as the best Fortte case I've ever used/felt. It's perfectly engineered for the device and greatly enhances the overall experience of using the case. This in no way detracts from their Blackberry cases. It simply means that Fortte continues to produce very high quality cases for ALL makes/brands.

And yes, these are cases five and six purchased from Fortte in less than a year.

Five of Five Whateversxxx8482;

YMMV.

Luck.

Last edited by Chinasaur; 02-06-2007 at 08:07 PM..
Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #25
neon0107

Model: 8703e

I just got my forte case for my 8703. I agree with all the comments with the quality, it is great. I just hate the swivel belt attachment. That is how I carry my bb. I just sold the case to a friend that loves the case and just carries the phone in his jacket pocket. He does not care about the belt clip. Now I am off to find another open face case that has the rachet belt clip. Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #26
Salo Rechtszaid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon0107
I just got my forte case for my 8703. I agree with all the comments with the quality, it is great. I just hate the swivel belt attachment. That is how I carry my bb. I just sold the case to a friend that loves the case and just carries the phone in his jacket pocket. He does not care about the belt clip. Now I am off to find another open face case that has the rachet belt clip. Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks
We can make a case for you with a ratchet clip or a fixed clip.
Please e-mail me at [email address] and I can give you instrucctions on how to get that done