BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 11-13-2007, 02:10 AM   #161
riclesb

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

so far no joy. a few apps acting strange. this week my wifes IT guy is hopefully going to see if he can add me - push a default IT policy and then take me off again. I'll let you know how it goes. if that doesnt work i have till the 24th to return the phone (which i really would like to avoid)
Old 11-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #162
cdoggLBC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

Also noticed an issue with this policy.bin in addition to the Firewall. Bluetooth.... This file will remove the Wireless Bypass service (wireless connection to DM). I am guessing that the problem lies in that a Default IT Policy from a BES disables that Bluetooth service (why RIM set it that way I have no idea). policy.bin was probably created from a blank IT policy (which by default also locks the firewall on).
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #163
riclesb

i had the same issue. bluetooth sync stopped working for me as well. I never was able to get the new policy pushed to my phone and then suspected that it might not even fix it (may be same 'blankpolicy"). So i swapped the phone out before my 30 days were up. Heed the GIANT WARNING at the top of this thread, and use only if all else fails. was just what i needed for the old 8700 lying around.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #164
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo
Default Check this one out

So like another user in this thread i used the policy bin method to remove an it policy from a friend berry. stupidly i forgot to remove the policy from my comp and sync my brand new 8320 thus pushing hte new blank policy on to it. now while annoying that i had to keep changing the password(and then changing it back) everythin worked fine so it was no big deal. i used a bunch of third party application no problem including jivetalk. well wednesday i downloaded jive talk 1.0.3 and when i tried connecting to it i got the message about jivetalk tryin to access inside and outside of the firewall. now i cant use jive talk and other programs

anyone have any clue how this happened outta no where? im in the process of trying to overwrite the itpolicy with the policybin once again hopefully thatll do it
Old 11-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #165
CBR900RR
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Tmobile

OS 4.3 should be out before end of this year and you can put you BB back to the orginal state.

Quote:
Just uploaded a new version of JL_Cmder!

Now includes the resettofactory command. This command removes the IT policy from the device (OS 4.3+ required). Also note that after the resettofactory command has been run the device must be wiped. Backup your data first!

Last edited by CBR900RR; 11-16-2007 at 11:32 PM..
Old 11-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #166
damian-griffin

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2

Hello i got a blackberry 8700g off ebay a few days ago the person i got it from said they had done a wipe on it, but when i turned it on all of ther data and numbers were still on there. I have wiped it now but i havent got a clue how to set it up for emails and browsing the internet, it keeps cumming up with enterprise activation and data connection failed. can anyone help me please.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #167
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

You need a Blackberry Data Plan from your provider. Then you'll have options to setup email, etc.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #168
kurrrt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: t-mobile

Will the OS 4.3 run on 8700g? To disable the firewall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR900RR View Post
OS 4.3 should be out before end of this year and you can put you BB back to the orginal state.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:47 AM   #169
John Clark
BBF Moderator

kurrrt, welcome to the forums!

OS 4.3 will run on the 8700 when they release a version for the 8700. Nobody knows when that's going to be. However, yes when 4.3 is released for the 8700 you'll be able to disable the firewalls put in place by IT policies.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:33 AM   #170
cuex

Model: 7290
Carrier: vodafone

hi jack..
i have a problem with my old bb
last time i allready unlock for my bb follow your instruction at the first page and working good until yesterday.
yesterday i try to re install all of the software cause i get error "java.can't.caugth.... ".
after i reinstall my bb cannot searching my celular network ( SOS on the network bar), i find the error report " MEP data Invalid".
pls somebody who has same experience or know something about this, pls help me..
i use 7290 bb.

tx before

regards

charless
Old 11-30-2007, 08:30 AM   #171
riclesb

donthateme,

i think it has something to do with the jive talk upgrade. i think if you go back to an older version it will work. i and others had a similar issue. if you use operamini and are trying to get rid of the java nag screen every time you use it... a fix was to enable the firewall and give it permission the first time. when the firewall is enable jive talk only new version gets the firewall error and cant connect even on unit without the policy fix. (sorry if this is off topic)
Old 12-04-2007, 02:41 AM   #172
onelove5683

Model: 0009d
Carrier: sss

There's something I just can't figure out.

Why every ITPolicy.bin I find on here and other BB forums has fixed my IT Policy problems but still keeps the Firewall locked? Did the person who started spreading this .bin just forget to uncheck that box in the ITPolicy.exe???

I'm not asking for a solution since I've been searching for about 6 hrs now and I can't find one. I'm just asking for someone to explain why that damn .bin isn't TOTALLY clear of IT restrictions?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #173
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove5683 View Post
Why every ITPolicy.bin I find on here and other BB forums has fixed my IT Policy problems but still keeps the Firewall locked? Did the person who started spreading this .bin just forget to uncheck that box in the ITPolicy.exe???
RIM changed the firewall option a while back. You can not disable the firewall and there really is no reason why you need to.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #174
onelove5683

What do you mean there is no reason you need to disable the firewall? There are certain applications and sites you cannot access with the firewall enabled the way it is. One of those things are the Opera Browser, which is a pretty big deal for a lot of people.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #175
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Quote:
What do you mean there is no reason you need to disable the firewall? There are certain applications and sites you cannot access with the firewall enabled the way it is. One of those things are the Opera Browser, which is a pretty big deal for a lot of people.
The firewall only blocks unsoliciated inbound connections. It only blocks connects from the outside that were not orginally requested by the BlackBerry. If your having a problem with Opera its not because the firewall was enabled.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #176
onelove5683

That doesn't make sense though.

"The application operette $2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

So maybe the question is this: has anyone done this ITPolicy.bin modification and still been able to install Opera afterwards?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #177
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
There's something I just can't figure out.

I'm not asking for a solution since I've been searching for about 6 hrs now and I can't find one. I'm just asking for someone to explain why that damn .bin isn't TOTALLY clear of IT restrictions?
On 4.2 and older OS's the IT policy is NOT removable. You can overwrite it with another "blank" policy or a policy that doesn't restrict anything. That is what's going on with the policy.bin in this thread. However, the firewall and application permission settings are not included in the IT policy itself. They are pushed out by the BES along with the IT policy in another section of the BES setup. The policy.bin will never disable the firewall or the permissions that have been restricted.

That being said, if you read all of this thread you'll see that RIM has given us some relief from this with OS 4.3. Once 4.3 comes out for the devices then we'll be able to completely remove all It restrictions from the device. Until then, the above policy.bin is the best there is for this problem.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #178
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Quote:
So maybe the question is this: has anyone done this ITPolicy.bin modification and still been able to install Opera afterwards?
I have, with my older BlackBerry.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:54 PM   #179
onelove5683

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
On 4.2 and older OS's the IT policy is NOT removable. You can overwrite it with another "blank" policy or a policy that doesn't restrict anything. That is what's going on with the policy.bin in this thread. However, the firewall and application permission settings are not included in the IT policy itself. They are pushed out by the BES along with the IT policy in another section of the BES setup. The policy.bin will never disable the firewall or the permissions that have been restricted.

That being said, if you read all of this thread you'll see that RIM has given us some relief from this with OS 4.3. Once 4.3 comes out for the devices then we'll be able to completely remove all It restrictions from the device. Until then, the above policy.bin is the best there is for this problem.
Thanks John. I have read all through this thread (without skipping anything) and all through about 5 other forums.

I have installed the new ITPolicy.bin file from the first post.

Then I downloaded the enterprise express server and used the ITPolicy.exe to modify the ITPolicy.bin and allowed for "SplitPipeConnections", but it still will not allow me to fully install Opera. Although, now it does go all the way to the end of the installation and notifies me that it failed to connect to the internet. (btw, I added the APN: wap.voicestream.com as directed by operamini.com)

So, something changed after I opened up the SplitPipeConnections but still will not allow me to use Opera. Is this because of the firewall issue we're facing?

And is it ok to leave this value as "true"? Or should I go back to using the original ITPolicy.bin from the first post?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:03 PM   #180
onelove5683

I've tried EVERYTHING, even tried the v4.2.1.108 device firmware from UK. Just in case. I guess there's no choice but to wait for 4.3 then.