BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
LowHz

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Tmobile network issue, or BB issue?

Please Login to Remove!

Ok this has been an ongoing issue with me for months and i don't know if i should blame it on my device or T-mobiles network.

I have a blackberry pearl 8100. Was having issues with calls cutting in/out, blackberry dept. eventually sent me out a pearl replacement which 'seemed' to have solved the calls cutting in/out issue.

This may be a blackberry-specific issue, but i'm blaming it on T-mobiles network and i need to know what to do next..

it's a SMS/MMS issue.

First, it's taking forever and a day for me to send out messages and get text messages. Sometimes they go through, sometimes they don't even go through at all and i have to 'resend' the text so the recipient can actually get it in the first place.

Also, major delays in receving / sending.

MMS issue - i get 'retrieve errors' when getting messages (pictures) or when i get the message, it doesn't display or just displays as a blank message, meanwhile the file size shows as ~30k or something of that nature.

I also have a 'retrieve now' option on the MMS's that i get... it normally says "unable to retrieve, please try again later"... i press retrieve now, and the same thing pops up - unable to retrieve, or a blank message.

I also get a red "X" or a "Clock" icon which means either unable to send/pending... and it stays that way unless i softdisco the phone (battery out, sim card out)

I've contacted tmobile/BB dept, both say there are 'known' issues with the network and provide no other answers for me aside from a trouble ticket and wait the issue out. I'm not paying $15 a month for intermittent SMS/MMS service. If they want to give me service that works for 10/30 days, then i'll pay $5, not $15.

Question is - what does this sound like ? Phone-specific issue or network issue?
Old 12-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I am not having any issues with SMS messages at all. I do (and have ever since joining T-Mobile with a BlackBerry) have issues sometimes with MMS messages.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
LowHz

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
I am not having any issues with SMS messages at all. I do (and have ever since joining T-Mobile with a BlackBerry) have issues sometimes with MMS messages.
yeah its really weird... a red X shows up on the SMS or a clock icon and/or i get these retrieve errors... and it keeps happening, for the past 3 months... tmobile wanted to credit me $5 for ~3 months of intermittent sms/mms service... i laughed... i requested a $15 credit and still have yet to see it.

im considering talking to the highest up about a breach of contract since they aren't providing the service that i'm paying for, that i shouldn't be bound to a contract since they aren't providing what i'm paying for.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
beanolo

Carrier: T-mobile

I had similar issues with that before... I would ask them to replace the phone (worked for me). I HIGHLY doubt its the network itself as I'm on tmobile along with several others I know with the same phone and noone having that many issues.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 05:11 PM..
Old 12-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #6
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 05:12 PM..
Closed Thread