BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
comquat1

Model: 7105t
Default 7105t with a very sensitive microphone - need help

Please Login to Remove!

I recently upgraded my software on my 7105t hoping that it would solve the problem of my microphone picking up every, and i mean EVERY, little sound while I am driving in my truck and I am still getting issues. My customers are saying it sounds like I'm holding my phone outside the window at speed, there is that much background noise. Does anyone know how to turn down how sensitive the microphone is? It's so bad that when I talk to a co-worker who has the same phone, we literally cannot talk to eachother because we get so much static and garbling between our two phones picking up all of the background noise. I've found that if I hold the phone away from my face at a 45 degree angle it helps my voice quality, but it still picks up every little sound. I know I'm not the only one with this problem, does anyone have any ideas? I was hoping this new software would solve the problem, evidently it didn't..... please help!
Thanks.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
mayor111
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105T

This has been discussed so many times - you will get alot of hits if you do a search on this topic.

The main problem is that the 7105T has its mic located directly under the number 5 key. So if you are the type of user that leans their entire face into a phone, then you are going to get a wind tunnel affect.

Try lifting your face away from the 7105T when your speaking to someone - it made a world of difference on mine.

Thanks,
T-Mobile
BES 4.0 SP4 HotFix#2 for Exchange 2003
Closed Thread