Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
pops918

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SPRINT
Default Sprint Blackberry 8830 Dataplan

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys, Im a new BB user, an 8830 to be exact. I just gave up a sprint Mogul. Is there any way to get past that $29.00 blackberry plan for data connection with Sprint? Im just curious.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the BBForums!

Please read this:
What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ

And you can try this as a partial workaround:
What are the TCP and APN settings? - BlackBerryFAQ

So--you will/may get some data applications to work. You will NOT get the BB browser, push email and complete data usage. It is a partial workaround.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
gadgetjunkies
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Welcome to the BBForums!

Please read this:
What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ

And you can try this as a partial workaround:
What are the TCP and APN settings? - BlackBerryFAQ

So--you will/may get some data applications to work. You will NOT get the BB browser, push email and complete data usage. It is a partial workaround.
If you change the TCP settings as insrtucted for Opera Mini, will that cause any problems with anything else? I'm on AT&T btw.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

No, the TCP settings are the same for all applications which require that connection.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
ja158948
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 32CCDCF5
Carrier: sprint
Default A sprint sales rep

Hey Guys I work for sprint and to let you all know there is really no way of getting around the data plan. But on a good note with that $30 data plan you get unlimited text, GPS, and internet. Sprint charges a lot for data uses if you don't have that plan your bill will be high each month. And they up the text message price as well so if you go over your text messages or don't have a text plan it will cost you .20 cent per message.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
Daytripper63
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Sprint

29.00? which plan is that? Is that the 10mb plan? I am paying 49.00 for unlimited through sprint, I was told the 10mb plan does not go very far. Is that true?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:10 AM   #7
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

The new $29.99 BIS plan is unlimited. But will not work for BES users.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 AM   #8
rjansen3

Model: 8330
Default Where

Is this plan listed anywhere? I want to make sure it exists before I call Sprint and have to deal with people saying "I have no knowledge of that plan sir" That gets really old really fast!

Motorola i710 , i730 , i860 , i930
7100i , 8830 , 8330
Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #9
Chrscott22

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjansen3 View Post
Is this plan listed anywhere? I want to make sure it exists before I call Sprint and have to deal with people saying "I have no knowledge of that plan sir" That gets really old really fast!
Nope, not really listed anywhere official online. It's called "Power Vision Blackberry Pack". I switched over and had this added yesterday. BIS email, power vision, ultd text, and ultd sprint navigation.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
rjansen3

Model: 8330
Default so

everything is unlim. then? Cause I am sick of getting nit-picked on for the text messages. telenav usage count as sprint navigation usage, seeing as though sprint navagation is a branded telenav app?

Motorola i710 , i730 , i860 , i930
7100i , 8830 , 8330
Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #11
Kevin101

PIN: 32C93919

See I called Sprint yesterday because where i upgraded my phone/activated it (BestBuy Mobile) They told me about the plan. There were TONS of problems trying to get this phone onto the internet. It took me calls to their customer Service (one lady admitted there is a plan for $30 with unlimited txt, but couldn't get it me) and the other one told me there wasn't. I then placed calls to my Sprint Represenative (I work for Best Buy as well) and then he shot me some SNAP/FAST number where the guy downright lied and said the "Power Vision BlackBerry Pack" doesn't work on BlackBerrys nor does the "Power Vision Pro Pack".... I got work tonight and I'm going in to have them change the plan instore to Pro pack, then i wont get his with the $40 BB data plan and the $15 Unlimited Txt.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #12
Toan04

Model: BOLD

This new $30/month bb plan is a great deal, i just got switched over last night. To get the plan added onto your account you need to be under the new ensemble billing system and not the old p2k billing system.

When u call, ask them which billing system your account is under, if its p2k then ask to be migrated over to ensemble and they will be able to add the plan for you.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #13
Kevin101

I'll try letting BestBuy Mobile change my plan 1st off, if not tonight when I get off work at 11pm, i'll be on the phone again.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #14
jaferd

Does the new $30/month plan also give you unlimited PAM as well?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #15
wase4711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin101 View Post
See I called Sprint yesterday because where i upgraded my phone/activated it (BestBuy Mobile) They told me about the plan. There were TONS of problems trying to get this phone onto the internet. It took me calls to their customer Service (one lady admitted there is a plan for $30 with unlimited txt, but couldn't get it me) and the other one told me there wasn't. I then placed calls to my Sprint Represenative (I work for Best Buy as well) and then he shot me some SNAP/FAST number where the guy downright lied and said the "Power Vision BlackBerry Pack" doesn't work on BlackBerrys nor does the "Power Vision Pro Pack".... I got work tonight and I'm going in to have them change the plan instore to Pro pack, then i wont get his with the $40 BB data plan and the $15 Unlimited Txt.
had the SAME THING happen to me 2 days ago when I bought this; Best Buy had the flyer showing the new plan, but wasn't able to enter in on my account; then, while calling sprint to try and get them to add it, it took me 2 days and 8 conversations to finally get someone in tech support who cared enough to make it happen for me..It turns out if you are an EXISTING Sprint customer, you are on their OLD billing system; only people on the NEW billing system, which was just implemented in the last couple of days, can get this special new unlimited plan for 30 bucks..
Keep trying, because within a week or so, they claim everyone will be on the new system, and should be able to sign up for this plan easily..
Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #16
Chrscott22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaferd View Post
It not supposed to but I called over and over and over until I found someone who added it for me. I also got them to add the new "Pick 3" for me too . I literally spent about 4 hrs on the phone with CS but it was WELL worth it.

I'm very happy with my BB now!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #17
Toan04

Model: BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaferd View Post
As far as i know the $30/month plan gives you unlimited data, e-mail, txt msg, sprint navigation and sprint tv (tv only works on the soon to be released pearl i believe)

It does not include BES or PAM (phone as modem)
Old 11-10-2007, 01:13 AM   #18
gameboy213

I am on the biggest Sprint plan.... I just want them to add the free Navigator to the account..... but they said they can't. BS if you ask me.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #19
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

It's bundled into the new plan. They can't add a feature to your current plan. Just change to the new plan...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy213 View Post
I am on the biggest Sprint plan.... I just want them to add the free Navigator to the account..... but they said they can't. BS if you ask me.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #20
Kevin101

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
had the SAME THING happen to me 2 days ago when I bought this; Best Buy had the flyer showing the new plan, but wasn't able to enter in on my account; then, while calling sprint to try and get them to add it, it took me 2 days and 8 conversations to finally get someone in tech support who cared enough to make it happen for me..It turns out if you are an EXISTING Sprint customer, you are on their OLD billing system; only people on the NEW billing system, which was just implemented in the last couple of days, can get this special new unlimited plan for 30 bucks..
Keep trying, because within a week or so, they claim everyone will be on the new system, and should be able to sign up for this plan easily..
So it took me about45 minutes all together, but I finally got this taken care of, atleast for now. I was directed to another lady and I explained my problem. Her answer was "off the record, this is the department that Sprint sends their customers too that they are afraid that they are going to lose".. I take advantage of the situation and i just start cussing up a storm. We finally got to the agreement that I'll be able to have the same features of the plan but won't be able to be switched over to the ensamble system. The reason for this is because if she were to manually migrate my information then my cell phone could be down for 4-5 days. Instead, now for the next YEAR i'm getting a 15% discount on all my reoccuring changers (on top of my 22% from company) and another $10 credit to cover the cost of my unlimited txt msgs. Her answer was that within the next year my acct should be switched over. I'll continue to recieve the discounts even when my acct moves and is switched auto to this "blackberry pack" (I doubt that, but well see) So after the 20m wait to talk to this lady, gave her a piece of my mind and here i am. a happy little Sprint camper again....this whole situation took about 4 days to resolve. :\
Closed Thread