Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
SqueegeeKing

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Bluetooth and Data Connection Refused

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using my BB 8700 as a phone right now (no data plan), as I'm overseas and using a prepaid SIM card. My BB now says "data connection refused", which makes sense since, gee, I don't have a data plan.

However, Bluetooth functionality seems to have also been disabled. If I turn on Bluetooth, the device shows that its on, but the blue LED does not flash, nor am I am to sync with any Bluetooth devices. Does this make sense to anyone?

I have used this BB with prepaid SIMs before, and never had this problem. I am using a Vodafone SIM card.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Bluetooth is not tied to the network. You may need to reboot the device or re-pair the BT devices.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
SqueegeeKing

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks John. The problem is that Bluetooth doesn't appear to turn on at all. The BB device says its on, but the blue LED does not flash, nor does is it able to find anything whilst scanning.
Closed Thread