Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
caster

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Sprint BB8830 - No Browser

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone, I just got my Sprint BB8830, and I love it!

Although I am having a problem, I don't have the browser on my Blackberry (and yes I do have the data plan), is there any way I can get it/install it? I'm running Mac OS X. I've tried running the BB user tool but nothing shows up, any ideas? Thanks!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the BBForums. You can't install, it must be pushed to your via BIS and Data Plan.
Here are some tips on getting it to your device.
Internet Browser FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: ask if you need it

I didnt have a browser either on a new phone until I got the data plan started. Yes I was already set up for it on my acct but the operator likely didnt do it or do it right. I had to have someone else actually start it and resend service books. That did it.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
caster

Thanks for the help, it turns out that not only was my voice plan messed up, but so was my data plan. I was finally able to get my SERO 500 plan with the BB data, and I'm just waiting on that, and hopefully the internet will work. If not I'll give them a call back tomorrow, I'm going to make sure to wait the full 4 hours for the change.

Just a quick question, will I have to call Sprint to have them push all the service books to me?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
Aleko

Quote:
Originally Posted by caster View Post
Thanks for the help, it turns out that not only was my voice plan messed up, but so was my data plan. I was finally able to get my SERO 500 plan with the BB data, and I'm just waiting on that, and hopefully the internet will work. If not I'll give them a call back tomorrow, I'm going to make sure to wait the full 4 hours for the change.

Just a quick question, will I have to call Sprint to have them push all the service books to me?
Don't forget to provision your BB; if everything is set up correctly on Sprint's end, you should be able to do it right way.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:03 PM   #6
caster

Well I haven't called Sprint just yet, but my data plan has been added, and when I check the status in the "Manage Connections" it says that I'm not connected to anything, do I have to call Sprint and ask them to enable it? and do I have to ask them to "push" over all the service books and stuff?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
BBaddict1977

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon and T-Mobile

Go to options, then select Advanced options. Next select Host Routing tables once it is open press the menu key and register now. This should fix it after you recieve the message, Your handheld has been registered with the network
Old 12-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
caster

I'm giving that a try right now. I was on the phone with Sprint's technical support and the guy had me try to provision (which didn't work) and then he had me check my pin, and then he was like "Yup your phones broken" (I thought he was kidding lol), but he mentioned about it not being registered to RIM's network. Any ideas if this HRT doesn't work?

Edit: The HRT thing hasn't worked, a rep has told me that I'm not on RIM's network, and she's tried a lot to get it to work but I keep getting a 1012 error when provisioning. She said she'll write me a ticket that will have it fixed, is this my only way of getting it fixed?

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by caster; 12-12-2007 at 12:41 AM..
Closed Thread