Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
zeroman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default 8800 memory card issue

Please Login to Remove!

So i was fiddling around with my new 8800 i have, and the little piece of metal that holds in the memory card came off and i lost it some where in my car. Are there replacements for such a thing?

What is a way of holding my card in place or finding a new holder so my memory card can be secure.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
zeroman

nothing came up as to that part i needed. What have others tried doing to secure down the media card?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

I usually dont fiddle finger around with my BB's insides. sure fire way to keep it working!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
zeroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepDog View Post
I usually dont fiddle finger around with my BB's insides. sure fire way to keep it working!
example of a useless post. Usually i fiddle with things to see how it works, it was a referb'd BB anyhow.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Great 10th post!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
o1sowise
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: What is, Safety?
Carrier: AT&T

I wouldn't exactly call the SD card holder the inside of the BB, but everything is relative...
I guess to some, replacing the battery is too technical...
Old 01-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

well, as an electronic engineer by edumacation I have learned that you don't always need to muddle with everything intricate just because you can.

anyone meat handed enough to tear a card holder off whilst looking at it should probably heed my advice in the future.

I don't mind his 10th post at all. I can hardly wait for his 11th and 12th!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #9
zeroman

Hm so your education in being an engineer have any relevance to this subject or are you just trying to throw it out there to feel big, because i broke a part on my blackberry? But I can in return say I'm a space engineer as well but it wouldn't have anything to do with nothing in my thread nor would you care like i don't that you are an electronic engineer. So please keep it to your self if you have no solution to a replacement part then keep your televised "degree" to your self. You an educated man have yield no help, so save your money next time ;)

theres my 11th post, let the fun begin. Grow up and stop fighting with an 18 year old. Its a support forum not a school yard. Post useful information and USE that education of yours to some use.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #10
dakatza
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

zeroman,

Chill out. No need to retaliate. I myself am an electrical engineer (well not really i switched to business after 3.5years, but i work for a company that does a lot of electrical engineering - really great life story. yada yada who gives a shoe what i do). But i digress. I searched a few electronics parts suppliers and that style of microSD holder is not common. I haven't come across a supplier. ....So it looks like your are SOL. You can try searching for "transflash socket" or "microsd socket"

My advice, search your car like a drug sniffing dog. Find that piece or you are screwed. In your defense, that is a very fragile part and perfectly normal for you to operate.
Closed Thread