Thanks for the welcome.
The application has worked fine for two years until today.
In my latest test, I used the BB as a modem tethered to the PC and then ran the application on the BB simulator. This way the protocols over the Telus EV-DO network would be the same as normal. The application worked perfectly.
In conclusion, something has changed in the software on the target BB. I know I did not change anything and have to conclude RIM must have pushed out an update!
BTW: Last night I notice the display go blank a couple of times as though the display or battery connection was bad. Since then the display has worked fine - I'm convinced there was an update of some sort.
At this point I think I'll leave it until next week and see if it cures itself. It is a pity as we had a potential sale and my customer seems to experiencing similar problems.
Last edited by chris-s; 02-14-2008 at 08:43 PM..