BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
B-Roll

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Take over a T-Mobile account from me?

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 2nd line on a family plan on my T-Mobile account. I need to get rid of it and they are going to charge me the $200 cancellation fee. I've tried everything to get out of it. The only way is I have to change the responsibility of that account over to someone else.

All you have to do is pass a credit check, and then the account is yours. It will be your own bill and what you pay every month will be whatever plan you choose.

If anyone is interested please let me know. Email me at

worldpeacecantbedone AT gmail DOT com
Old 12-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

You will be hard pressed to find someone to do that. There is no benefit to the person.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
B-Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDBrown View Post
You will be hard pressed to find someone to do that. There is no benefit to the person.
Yeah, true. But I figured I'd try my luck and hope that someone was looking to switch to T-Mobile and wanted to help someone out hah. We shall see!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810

This has been done before, but ususally the transaction occurs between family members or close friends.

Got anyone that you need a last minute Christmas gift for?
Old 12-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
Yeah, true. But I figured I'd try my luck and hope that someone was looking to switch to T-Mobile and wanted to help someone out hah. We shall see!
You might increase your chances if you offer something to the individual... I mean they're essentially giving you a $200 gift. You offer nothing in return?

Maybe you can give them the device attached to that second line... one hand washes the other ya know....
Old 12-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
B-Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
You might increase your chances if you offer something to the individual... I mean they're essentially giving you a $200 gift. You offer nothing in return?

Maybe you can give them the device attached to that second line... one hand washes the other ya know....
Well, I haven't been charged yet so it's not like I'll be getting anything out of it really. They will just waive it. Buuuuut if I don't get rid of it soon, then I can offer an incentive. And the phone on that line is busted. :[
Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

I had a T-Mobile line I didn't need. I just kept it on the family plan at $9.99 a month and gave it as a birthday gift to a family member.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
BBHorrigan
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

Yeah but regardless, why would anyone do that, instead of just walking up to t-mobile and doing it for themself
Old 12-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
CO_BBTechie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
Well, I haven't been charged yet so it's not like I'll be getting anything out of it really.
Sure you're getting something. You're getting out of having to pay the early termination fee of $200. Or you're getting out of that negative trade line on your credit report if you don't pay it. Whether that's in your pocket now or now, it's still to your benefit.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #10
341EastOf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHorrigan
Yeah but regardless, why would anyone do that, instead of just walking up to t-mobile and doing it for themself
Totally agree.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHorrigan View Post
And getting a free phone in the process.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #12
CO_BBTechie

And how many months are left on this plan? Or does whoever takes it over have to re-up for two full years?
Old 12-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #13
Kane317
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

The only upside I can see for this new individual who does takeover, is that he has a shorter contract--or does he "re-extends" the contract for another 24 months himself?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #14
TXLady

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane317 View Post
The only upside I can see for this new individual who does takeover, is that he has a shorter contract--or does he "re-extends" the contract for another 24 months himself?
It is the second line on a family plan which means that if someone takes it over, they will have to select a different plan. Depending on plan, it will require a one or two year committment (contract). The person will have to have their own TMO or unlocked phone.

I honestly can't see anything to recommend that someone take this over. There is nothing in it for them. Only for the OP who wants to get out of paying the ETF.

If someone wants a new TMO account, they would be better off just going to TMO to open one. They could then either get one of the discounted or free phones in the process.

Almost sounds like the OP opened up a family plan to get a new discounted phone since his old one was broken and now he wants to dump the line that came along with it but he plans to keep the phone.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #15
GT5L
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: askme

have you tried Cellswapper.com - Get out of your cell phone contract - mobile contract - wireless contract you may find someone right away since it is the place for such a transaction.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #16
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Get a friend to do it.

Call up t-mobile and get the details. What your doing is a "change of responsibility."

I know with Sprint/Nextel, when you switch it to someone else's name (like your situation, you have time left on contract), when it goes under the new person's name, they start with a whole new 2 year contract. But.....they see it has a new customer and the 30 days (14 days in some states) rule now applies. The can cancel within the period and not be charge (and nothing will happen to you cause you've completely washed your hands of it cause its not under your name).

So what i'm saying is (you gotta check with t-mobile first), get a friend, transfer to his name, and have him cancel within the 30 or 14 day period. That's how you get out of it. I know this worked with Sprint (a year ago). Don't know if its changed, but check on it.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #17
Kamau
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 21499CE8
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT5L View Post
have you tried Cellswapper.com - Get out of your cell phone contract - mobile contract - wireless contract you may find someone right away since it is the place for such a transaction.
He's right on the money here. I know a couple people that got accounts from here, though don't take this as an endorsement. It's probably a better way to do it in my opinion.

Kamau
Old 12-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #18
iporter69
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Three Australia

See my email.

Last edited by iporter69; 12-27-2008 at 09:38 AM..
Closed Thread