dfilms

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Question 3 questions!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi!

I am not sure where to put this thread.

I have a new blackberry 8330 Smartphone and at first I hated it but as I start to learn how to use it I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! I cant believe it can be used as a modem and its a miracle for staying in touch and doing business.

I have three questions I have been trying to research?

1) Is there any way to make the blackberry text messages appear in an "IM" form? I used to have a TREO and I loved how the texts came in on the same conversation instead of separated. (?)

2) I have added another email account, but I don't want this one to "BUG" me - I dont want it to show up in my "messages" area with my texts and other emails. Is there a way to keep one email quietly working if I click on it's email icon, and NOT have it go to the general messages box? I'd like to keep it automactically synced to my phone so that the messages come in automatically, but NOT into the message center if that makes sense.

3) OK the other day I had a conference call and I had logged the approximate date and time in my calendar, but I did NOT have the phone number yet. My contact emailed me on one of my yahoo synced accounts, and sent the number and access code. I also logged onto his google calendar and hit the button which said yes I would be attending the conference call, the RSVP button.

Then, I went to my blackberry calender to log the number and access code and set an alarm, thinking oh goody, heehee - i'm loving this blackberry, and to my SURPRISE AND SHOCK, the number, and access code, was already in there!?!?!?!?!?!?! I did NOT input this information. I MAY have inputted the approximate time of the call but I am not sure.

So, I set the alarm and kinda sweated a bit wondering if someone hacked my phone, then decided it must have synced automatically through my email and the google calendar somehow?

Has anyone else had this happen? Is this just crazy or is this a feature of the blackberry? I'll say i was excited once i realized the blackberry must have kept my schedule for me, but how do I recreate this? I'd like to schedule appointments for my boss like this - simply have him RSVP on my google calendar and then not worry if it's in his phone or not, because I know the blackberry did it for me?

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 9530)

1) there is not a way to do this on the device. If you check the aftermarket software section here for third party software to do this.

2) No. The emails will still come to the messages folder.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the BBForums.

1. Yes, with a third party threaded SMS app.
2. No. All mail comes to the main messages folder. You can't separate out personal BIS accounts from the main folder.
3. Cool! You learned a nice feature of calendar invites.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
piester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: att

Wirelessly posted

As far as the email and text seperation go you just open your messages icon go to options. General options and put sms and email boxes on seperate. It will give you an icon for your sms and mms. And one for each email account.
Closed Thread