Old 10-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
acm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Question 7100i Car Charger

Please Login to Remove!

Hi -

I am looking for a car charger that will allow the use a USB cable between the BB 7100i and a cigarette lighter plug vs the coiled wire. I have a similar unit for my IPAQ but I don't know if it is compatible with the 7100i from a voltage perspective.

My IPAQ's cigarette lighter plug has a USB Type A female receptable but I am concerned that the voltage is not regulated or reduced from 12VDC (the 7100i A/C charger's output is +5VDC). I don't know the manufacturer of the plug but I would think that if it has a USB connection it would have to be +5VDC which I think is the standard for USB.

Do anyone know of any car charger like this for the 7100i or I am looking for some techies who might know if this cigarette lighter plug I have can be used universally with USB charging.

Thanks!!
Old 10-31-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
Ash

Model: 7100T

Yep, I got one from EBay. About $7, and you just use your own cable. Works a treat.
Closed Thread