BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 02:21 PM   #1
rickp

Model: 7100i
Default Few 7100i questions

Please Login to Remove!

First - Does anyone know how to assign Voicemail to a Speed dial key on the 7100i? It was assigned to key #1 and I removed it and wanted to put it on key #9, but by just adding a entry and calling it Voice Mail works if you do not want to use the additional numbers feature that allows you have it put your password in automatically. I had it assigned to key #9 and I wanted to use the additional number feature and it would not work. So I used the Call Voice Mail from the menu and the feature worked. I know this sounds a kinda weird, but true.

Second - I want to know where the setting is to notify me (show on the screen) that I missed a call. It will come up and show me that I have a VM, but if I (someone) call my phone and don't pick up I don't know if anyone called. I know it works because I set a guy up at work with a new 7100i and he was using a 7520 and his 7100i showed he had missed 4 call's during the time I was doing the swap. My 7520 would show I missed call's.

Third - Is there a way to add a tone or vibrate to a new VM message. I could do it with my 7520, but cannot figure out how to do it on the 7100i.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Rick p

Last edited by rickp; 11-05-2005 at 04:22 PM..
Old 11-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Good questions.......but a couple of questions = 2, a few questions = 3...............lol
Old 11-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
rickp

It started as two - Then thought of the last as I was typing the second.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #4
jboogie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t

all you have to do is dial the number to your voicemail...

its the same as the number on the call forwarding screen on the phone options.

dial the number and save it to the speed dial in the number 1 spot... my speed dial entry for the number 1 position reads like this:
"Voicemail+18056377255"

i did that once when i wiped it, and i had to reassign it also.. that worked for me, but i was pissed before i figured it out. not as mad as when i made my BB black and white with nonrefreshing screens and wire mesh icons.. i could never get to the themes screen before the screen was all black.. i was so chapped.

good luck.

Last edited by jboogie; 11-05-2005 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: because im lame and i forgot words like 1 and the
Old 11-06-2005, 01:32 AM   #5
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

First - Does anyone know how to assign Voicemail to a Speed dial key on the 7100i? It was assigned to key #1 and I removed it and wanted to put it on key #9, but by just adding a entry and calling it Voice Mail works if you do not want to use the additional numbers feature that allows you have it put your password in automatically. I had it assigned to key #9 and I wanted to use the additional number feature and it would not work. So I used the Call Voice Mail from the menu and the feature worked. I know this sounds a kinda weird, but true.

CREATE AN ENTRY IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK CALLED VOICEMAIL AND WHEN YOU ADD THE NUMBER IN, ADD A PAUSE (CLICK WHEEL) THEN YOUR PASSWORD. you may need two pauses. the wait feature will ask you when to dial xxxxx.

Second - I want to know where the setting is to notify me (show on the screen) that I missed a call. It will come up and show me that I have a VM, but if I (someone) call my phone and don't pick up I don't know if anyone called. I know it works because I set a guy up at work with a new 7100i and he was using a 7520 and his 7100i showed he had missed 4 call's during the time I was doing the swap. My 7520 would show I missed call's.

THERE IS AN ICON ON THE SCREEN FOR VOICEMAIL ON THE VERY TOP IN THE CENTER. LOWER DOWN A LITTLE TO THE LEFT IS A YELLOW ICON THAT REPRESENTS MISSED CALLS.

Third - Is there a way to add a tone or vibrate to a new VM message. I could do it with my 7520, but cannot figure out how to do it on the 7100i.

GO INTO PROFILES AND ADD IT..
Old 11-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #6
Bradhar911
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

I turned off call logging ( selected "none" ) in the phone menu under options.. I now get a "pop up" that says I have ... missed calls" It's the same pop up as the voice mail waiting pop up...

Are voicemails "Level 1 Messages"??
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 AM   #7
rickp

Thanks for the reply. The pause worked great!

I knew about the Icons. However when I have a VM I get a box that pops up on the screen that tells me I have a VM (Still am trying to fugure out how to add a tune to it when I have a new VM. I looked high and low in the profiles but can't find it as you said). I want to be able to do this with missed calleds but can't seem to figure it out. I know it is a option because I seen it do it on a 7100i. I want to be able to have the box pop up and say you missed 3 calls for example. My 7520 did.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:19 AM   #8
rickp

I have my Call logging set to none and still does not show the missed calls box.

In my profiles I get a tune that shows incoming emails and it works great. I have changed Level 1 messages to to notify me with a tune and nothing when I get a new VM.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:08 AM   #9
fliedlice
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

have you tried changing the "call logging" to missed calls

thats what mine is set as and it pops up the box that tells me how many missed calls I have

also for playing the tone when you get a voice mail.....Im not sure if its just a fluke or if im looking at the worng setting or what...but when I get a voicemail it plays the "Notifier_Sonar"....I looked through my profiles and under my "loud setting" (which is the one I use) the only options that have the sonar as the ringer is "SMS" and "MMS"

maybe look and see what those are set to and try that...again I dont know if this will help but its worth a shot....Ill keep looking around for settings on the phone and see what I can find.