BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
samsara

Model: 7105t
Question anyone here use J2me Map?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm trying to get it to run on a 7105t, without any luck. (the site is http://j2memap.landspurg.net/)

When a prompt about network access came up, I hit ok, and now it just sits on what I assume is the map screen, loading, with no picture. I mention the network access prompt because of this cryptic little message on the site's download page:

"Important for Blackberry users: the registration request, at the beginning of the program, does not seems to work for blackberry devices...Just click once and you would exit from it..."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, and I can't get the prompt to come up again (nor can I get the program to function). Now, when I run the program, I get the following message:

java.io.IOException: could not open tunnel - failed
Contexte:

I thought I'd post here before hassling the poor guy, it doesn't look like English is his strength.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2005, 10:54 PM   #2
ptzchris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

ok never used this but thanks for posting cause i needed it...ima install it and see if i get the same problem and if i do i will try and figure a way around it you can get a hold of me on yahoo messenger at pr95max or aim BlckBrryGod

BEFORE : Nextel 7520

NOW: Tmobile 7105t succesfully connected as a modem and loving it
Old 11-13-2005, 05:49 AM   #3
tomsoft

Model: 7730

Thanks for the poor guy!

So usual question is the following:

- do you have access to the internet usually. For instance, are you able to go to www.google.com with your browser? On our BES, for instance, I am prompted for a password that does not appears when I use Java.

- If you have access to the internet, can you precise then what is the exact version number of your Blackberry software, and your operator.

Thanks in advance (and feel free to email me directly , I will make some efforts! )
Old 11-13-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

I tried, it installed fine, and works fine other than it is slower than molasses in mid winter and I have a 720 with Verizon,, that is ussually pretty fast.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 11-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #5
samsara

Model: 7105t

Hey there! Perhaps someone may benefit from reading this on the forum, so here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsoft
- do you have access to the internet usually.
Yes, not BES.

Quote:
- If you have access to the internet, can you precise then what is the exact version number of your Blackberry software, and your operator.
v4.0.2.49, from T-Mobile, on a 7105t.

I installed the file j2meMap.alx via download (Blackberry.zip), not OTA (the server wouldn't let me connect to the site).

Specifically, after I get the error mentioned above, I get a scrollable screen with grey panels, red lines, green location markers, and the words "loading" on each panel. The arrows in the upper right tell me data is being sent regularly and received constantly, but even after several minutes nothing will load.

Only other thing I can think to add is that, when first starting up, before the error pops up, it says J2me Earth.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!
Closed Thread