BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 02:34 PM   #41
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Please Login to Remove!

I have found the VERIZON BIS 2.0 to deliver mail to my handheld MUCH faster than before...
Old 05-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #42
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
I have found the VERIZON BIS 2.0 to deliver mail to my handheld MUCH faster than before...
Huh?
Old 05-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #43
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Huh?

I thought I was pretty clear, no?
Old 05-04-2006, 03:10 PM   #44
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Um, no. I don't know what you're trying to say or why it was worth starting a new thread. Especially when there are at least two other active threads on the topic already.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #45
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Um, no. I don't know what you're trying to say or why it was worth starting a new thread. Especially when there are at least two other active threads on the topic already.

Dude, you must be smoking too much of that government sh$t, because I did not start this thread....
Old 05-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #46
whsbuss

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

The BIS 2.0 still polls every 15 minutes. I have confirmed this in numerous tests. However, if the remote email account is setup for IMAP, the reconcilation of Sent and Deleted messages for that account on the BB will cause the BIS to re-poll within the 15 minute window. Hence it seems to delivery more quickly. It all depends on the mail account activity AND when new email is delivered within the 15 minute window.

Only the Yahoo email integration is real time.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #47
havaloc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

A few questions:

1) Can you request a poll right away through a menu or something?
2) Can you remark a message as unread even after you read it, or is only a one time shot (as in, you read it, it's marked read, and no way to mark it unread again).
3) Can you view your sent and deleted items folders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
The BIS 2.0 still polls e... re-poll within the 15 minute window. Hence it seems to delivery more quickly. It all depends on the mail account activity AND when new email is delivered within the 15 minute window.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #48
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaloc
A few questions:

1) Can you request a poll right away through a menu or something?
2) Can you remark a message as unread even after you read it, or is only a one time shot (as in, you read it, it's marked read, and no way to mark it unread again).
3) Can you view your sent and deleted items folders?
1. No. Even if you request a Reconcile Now and there is nothing to reconcile on the BB, the BIS will not contact the remote mail server.

2. Yes you can mark a message unread on the BB and it will update the remote email server (IMAP).

3. No. Messages sent and deleted on the BB when associated with an IMAP mail server will place messages in those folders. However, you cannot view these or any remote folders from the BB.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #49
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

I have a problem that I can not figure out and its probably real simple.

Setup is for 7100i phone On BIS
[email address] with Reply to [email address]
[email address]

I have aaa@AA forwarded to BB.

Problem is that when I reply to someone who sent me an email to [email address], the Lotus Notes Email system gives an error of it cant find internal email name.

If i reply using the comcast address, it works fine.

Before the 2.0 this worked without a problem
Old 05-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #50
havaloc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

Two more, my apologies:

So, if I mark a message as unread, does it update via IMAP right away, or on the next poll?

Building on the question above, if I wanted to trigger a poll right away, I could mark a message as unread, and click reconcile now?

Quote:
1. No. Even if you request a Reconcile Now and there is nothing to reconcile on the BB, the BIS will not contact the remote mail server.

2. Yes you can mark a message unread on the BB and it will update the remote email server (IMAP).

3. No. Messages sent and deleted on the BB when associated with an IMAP mail server will place messages in those folders. However, you cannot view these or any remote folders from the BB.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #51
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

you canot trigger a poll to occur right away
polling occurs every 15 mins and there is no way to change this

if you choose to "reconcile now" it will update your IMAP right away marking the message as unread - otherwise it can take up to 20 mins
Old 05-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #52
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067
I have a problem that I can not figure out and its probably real simple.

Setup is for 7100i phone On BIS
[email address] with Reply to [email address]
[email address]

I have aaa@AA forwarded to BB.

Problem is that when I reply to someone who sent me an email to [email address], the Lotus Notes Email system gives an error of it cant find internal email name.

If i reply using the comcast address, it works fine.

Before the 2.0 this worked without a problem
Its definately a Lotus Notes problem. I have the same setup but the Reply-To email account is on a linux server and everything works fine.

When you reply to the aaa mail address, does the nextel.blackberry.net address show at the top as the account to reply from?
Old 05-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #53
koleary19067

Quote:
Its definately a Lotus Notes problem. I have the same setup but the Reply-To email account is on a linux server and everything works fine.

When you reply to the aaa mail address, does the nextel.blackberry.net address show at the top as the account to reply from?

I get the same error in Lotus Notes even when I sent email to aaa with the Sent From :BB email address.

Here is the error message from Lotus Notes

Delivery Failure Report
Your document: Test
was not delivered to: [email address]
because: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 <aaa@aa.com>... Internal sender address not accepted' (delivery attempts: 0)

What should you do?
You can resend the undeliverable document to the recipients listed above by choosing the Resend button or the Resend command on the Actions menu.
Once you have resent the document you may delete this Delivery Failure Report.
If resending the document is not successful you will receive a new failure report.
Unless you receive other Delivery Failure Reports, the document was successfully delivered to all other recipients.

sdbo1006/DBNA/DeuBaInt/DeuBa, sdbo1006/DBNA/DeuBaInt/DeuBa, MSGR2001/srv/dbcom, MSGM2006/srv/dbcom

To: MY Name/NewYork/xxxx/xxxxxxxx

cc:

Date: 14:13:25 Today

Subject: Test
Old 05-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #54
whsbuss

Quote:
I get the same error in Lotus Notes even when I sent email to aaa with the Sent From :BB email address.

Here is the error message from Lotus Notes

Delivery Failure Report
Your document: Test
was not delivered to: [email address]
because: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 <aaa@aa.com>... Internal sender address not accepted' (delivery attempts: 0)

What should you do?
You can resend the undeliverable document to the recipients listed above by choosing the Resend button or the Resend command on the Actions menu.
Once you have resent the document you may delete this Delivery Failure Report.
If resending the document is not successful you will receive a new failure report.
Unless you receive other Delivery Failure Reports, the document was successfully delivered to all other recipients.

sdbo1006/DBNA/DeuBaInt/DeuBa, sdbo1006/DBNA/DeuBaInt/DeuBa, MSGR2001/srv/dbcom, MSGM2006/srv/dbcom

To: MY Name/NewYork/xxxx/xxxxxxxx

cc:

Date: 14:13:25 Today

Subject: Test
Don't you just hate Lotus Notes? Is the [email address] an internet email address associated with your real Notes account? If so, you need to contact the Notes admin to see what the internal error really is.

At work, I'm on Notes 6.5 and have a rule set to forward (full copy) of certain individual's email to my BB. I have it sent to my carrier.blackberry.net address and when replying to those Notes forwarded messages, it works fine.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #55
sparky_dfw_tx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

Quote:
Don't you just hate Lotus Notes? Is the [email address] an internet email address associated with your real Notes account? If so, you need to contact the Notes admin to see what the internal error really is.

At work, I'm on Notes 6.5 and have a rule set to forward (full copy) of certain individual's email to my BB. I have it sent to my carrier.blackberry.net address and when replying to those Notes forwarded messages, it works fine.
I am on Lotus 6.5 as well and have setup the same rule as you, whsbuss.

We may have talked about this in another thread, but in BIS I have my the "reply to" address for my vzw.blackberry.net address set to the Internet version of my Lotus address. When someone sends an e-mail to my internal Lotus address and I reply to it via my BB, the "sent from" address always comes through to the recipient as my internal Lotus address (comes through as the Internet version when replying to someone outside the company).

When I send a new e-mail (corporate e-mail) I use the vzw.blackberry.net address and it always comes through to the recipient with a "sent from" address of my internal Lotus address (Internet version for e-mails sent to people outside the company).
Old 05-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #56
koleary19067

I have the same set-up

Thanks for the replys. I dont understand after the upgrade to 2.0 it stopped. I have changed nothing other than put the reply to as AAA@aa (Lotus Notes) In the BIS before, i just had AAA.aa as my sent email address.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #57
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_dfw_tx
I am on Lotus 6.5 as well and have setup the same rule as you, whsbuss.

We may have talked about this in another thread, but in BIS I have my the "reply to" address for my vzw.blackberry.net address set to the Internet version of my Lotus address. When someone sends an e-mail to my internal Lotus address and I reply to it via my BB, the "sent from" address always comes through to the recipient as my internal Lotus address (comes through as the Internet version when replying to someone outside the company).

When I send a new e-mail (corporate e-mail) I use the vzw.blackberry.net address and it always comes through to the recipient with a "sent from" address of my internal Lotus address (Internet version for e-mails sent to people outside the company).
That works well. The only difference between our setups is I have my ReplyTo set to [email address]
Old 05-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #58
whsbuss

Quote:
I have the same set-up

Thanks for the replys. I dont understand after the upgrade to 2.0 it stopped. I have changed nothing other than put the reply to as AAA@aa (Lotus Notes) In the BIS before, i just had AAA.aa as my sent email address.
Are you on Notes 6.5? It should work with your Notes internet email address set in the ReplyTo on the BIS for your carrier.blackberry.net address.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:51 AM   #59
koleary19067

Quote:
Are you on Notes 6.5? It should work with your Notes internet email address set in the ReplyTo on the BIS for your carrier.blackberry.net address.

Yep, i know it should work but something is strange. With 1.8 everything worked great. If someone sent an email to my work Lotus Notes, Lotus notes would forward the email to my BB address (this was done with a rule in Lotus Notes). When I reply to that email, it was sent to the person with my email address as the Work email address. In this version I had the Sent from field as my Lotus Notes work address.

The only difference in 2.0 is that I put my Lotus Notes email address in the Reply from field in the carrier.blackberry account.

I am real puzzled on this one, since there should have been no change to functionality from 1.8 to 2.0 in this case.

One thing to confirm. I get a activation email when I change the reply to field. The email states that my account for aaa.aa (Lotus Notes email) has been created. Is this correct even though its under the setup of the carrier.blackberry email.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #60
whsbuss

Quote:
One thing to confirm. I get a activation email when I change the reply to field. The email states that my account for aaa.aa (Lotus Notes email) has been created. Is this correct even though its under the setup of the carrier.blackberry email.
I never get that when I change the Reply To address. Maybe its something between the BIS and your Notes server. Is your Notes server on a BES?
Closed Thread