BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
shuttermode

Model: 7280
Default bb7280 desktop mgr crashing

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,
Have a year old dilema here that never was resolved by bb support. I can't sync bb to pc. The desktop manager recognizes the connection, however I have isolated this down to when it syncs with Outlook. It starts but then crashes every time. There is something in Outlook or the setup that is causing a problem and I can't figure it out and nor could bb support. Trust me, I spent many hours I will never get back before I finally resigned myself to the fact that my bb just won't sync.

Facts:
running xp
Office 2003
bb 7280
manager software info: ver 4.0.0.30

I just downloaded bb messenger and the system recognized the bb connected and loaded. did same for the map function available. This really looks like a problem directly related to MS Outlook and BB

Any thoughts, musings or ideas? Greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
DLB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default 7130e Desktop Mgr Crashing

Hi

Started using MS Exchange Server and Desktop Manager crashes ever since. Re-director seems to work fine but I cannot sync Calendar or Contacts. Any idea what could be causing this and is there a fix for it.

Thanks

Cheers

DLB
Old 05-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Try and delete and then create a new Outlook Profile.
The profile is on the PC and can be found in Control Panel / Mail.

Good luck!
Closed Thread