OK, then. Hopefully someone will take on this case (pun intended
I agree that aluminum may not be the only option.
I think we can all agree about this:
1. More durable materials than the current BB8700 shell.
2. Use a material that is of a certain color, don't paint it.
3. Recessed screen cover.
4. Sealed screen cover (to solve the dust problem that sometime exists).
And some more items I thought about
5. Replace only the gray parts and screen cover to keep the cost down.
6. Haven't seen the 8700 from the inside, but may be add something to keep the keyboard more snug.
7. make the screen cover from a scratch resistent material or bundle screen covers (should be easy if the screen is recessed).