BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
dmann

Model: 7100g
Angry Charged for every message?

Please Login to Remove!

I get charged for every email I get for some reason. The plan I am on inclues internet and pay per text msg. I don't text msg 159 times a month. This from Cingular. I think my settings are some how processing every email sent to my phone as a text msg- Is their a way to stop this other then just deleting the email account. I have alittle spam problem LOL thus I get alot of junk email. I have called them about this last month and they were just dumbfounded as ever.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

open the message and scroll to the top. What does it say it was "received using"? it should say "webclient"if your on BIS or "desktop"if your on a BES

if it doesn't say either then your email is proably being sent to you via text messaging (dunno how since i've never texet in my life so i don't know it at all )

are you having email from a certain address forwarded to your handheld? if so make sure it's forwarding to your BlackBerry address - not sure about Cingular but i know some carriers have email addresses for text messaging - the forwarding rule may have been set up to this address instead

hope this helps
Old 05-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
balibe
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100i

My BB actually states the email address is was sent to in the "Received Using" field versus webclient, but I also have several email accounts setup. I also get a different icon for messages sent via text messaging.

You do get a specific BB email address [ie: [email address] or similiar]. Make sure all your email being forwarded is going there.

balibe@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
"The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"
Old 05-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

balibe - you must have BIS 2.0
Cingular has not updated to this version yet

(edited for bad spelling)

Last edited by BERDucky; 05-23-2006 at 06:53 PM..
Old 05-23-2006, 03:17 AM   #5
dmann

Model: 7100g

The msg said webclient and to the best of my knowledge which isnt much concerning this phone-- is that the msg comes from regular email- grandecom.net to my BB. I will check the desktop software and see if something is fowarding there. I added the email dress from the blackberry email site ( webclient?)
Old 05-23-2006, 06:51 PM   #6
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

webclient = BIS; not text
i'd call and get them to explain why your getting charged; if your on the BIS data plan is it unlimited? orare oyu going over?
Old 05-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
trini2dboneny
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: VeriZon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann
I get charged for every email I get for some reason. The plan I am on inclues internet and pay per text msg. I don't text msg 159 times a month. This from Cingular. I think my settings are some how processing every email sent to my phone as a text msg- Is their a way to stop this other then just deleting the email account. I have alittle spam problem LOL thus I get alot of junk email. I have called them about this last month and they were just dumbfounded as ever.
as long as the emails are coming in the bis and not to your#@cingularme.com or anything close to it then its is a network issue and u need to call cingular.
Closed Thread