BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 01:35 PM   #1
RichTJ99

Default Multiple Email Accounts all end up in the "Messages" box? 7520

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I set up my Nextel 7520 BB over the weekend. The PDA portion is great. The backlight not coming on when typing is a little annoying though.

What is really driving me nuts is how everything goes into one mail box on the BB unit itself. I have 3 email accounts (2 business, 1 personal). The personal has about 15 different email "yahoogroup" type accounts & gets around 200-300 messages a day, my business accounts do roughly 20 per day per account, so in a day for me, I get on the high end, 340 emails.

Having everything get mashed into one box on the BB is awful. Is there a way around it? I know I can file these messages away by folder, but is there a way to get the messages to come into their own email folder instead of into the BB "messages" icon area?

How does anyone with multiple email accounts use this device? I must be missing something important.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 03-14-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
RichTJ99

Anyone?
Old 03-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

I swear I saw you post this same question a couple days ago either here (in which case it would be gone now due to the hack/upgrade) or on HowardForums (and I can't find it there), and people answered you. I guess you didn't like their answers. Short version: you can't sort things into different folders automatically on the BlackBerry. What you can do is set up filters either on those POP accounts or in BWC to screen certain messages from getting to your BlackBerry. I use multiple email accounts on mine as well, although I don't get the volume of mail that you do. If I did, I would certainly be using filters.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
sheakt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

As noted above you can't if you "forward" all your accounts to the BB email address.... However if you use one of the third party email packages (Regwireless EmailViewer comes to mind) you can continue to forward the "important" accounts to the BB address and use the third party email package to "pull" the messages on the other accounts when you want to read them.....You can also use the "filters" method to send messages to the BB account and "pull" the unfiltered messages with the other mail program when you want to read them.....

Using the combination of forwarding / filtering and having the ability to pull mail with another program should solve your problem... It has mine anyway....

--Kevin
Old 03-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

I wrote a hack about this:

http://www.mobilewhack.com/pda/black...d_virtual.html
Old 03-14-2005, 10:19 PM   #6
ToddziLLa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempai
Seems like this would be the easiest way to go about things. How do you go back to your global inbox after you limit your search? (I get my BB 7520 tomorrow )
Old 03-15-2005, 12:28 AM   #7
RichTJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogers
I swear I saw you post this same question a couple days ago either here (in which case it would be gone now due to the hack/upgrade) or on HowardForums (and I can't find it there), and people answered you. I guess you didn't like their answers. Short version: you can't sort things into different folders automatically on the BlackBerry. What you can do is set up filters either on those POP accounts or in BWC to screen certain messages from getting to your BlackBerry. I use multiple email accounts on mine as well, although I don't get the volume of mail that you do. If I did, I would certainly be using filters.
Hey, thanks for the short version.

On a side note, i am glad that someone did see my thread. I posted & the next thing I knew, the forum was down so I didnt see anything. I couldnt find the thread after the upgrade, so sorry about the repost.

Well, for the short time I had my BB, I did get used to the phone, but since the email cant be resolved (for my usage), I think I am sending her back... Thats a real bummer, its nice to have everything in one device.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #8
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddziLLa
Seems like this would be the easiest way to go about things. How do you go back to your global inbox after you limit your search? (I get my BB 7520 tomorrow )
By pressing the 'Back' or 'Escape' button, of course.

The BlackBerry is nothing if not intuitive ;)
Old 10-17-2005, 11:49 PM   #9
kedar13

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempai
Is there a refreshed version of this link somewhere? It seems too dated to access by clicking on it.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:34 AM   #10
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar13
Is there a refreshed version of this link somewhere? It seems too dated to access by clicking on it.
That website is no longer mine/ours.

What you do is you perform a Search based on what you're looking for, such as "emails to [email address]", and then save that with a hot-key assigned to it.

Then, when you want to only view those matches, you hit that hotkey, giving you a virtual inbox for emails only to that role/account/address.

Its a snap!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #11
csuper

Model: 7230
Carrier: T-Mobile

Cool...

But I don't see any way to save a search request.

I have a 7230 running 4.0.0.185
Old 10-18-2005, 09:01 PM   #12
swerv

Model: 8130
Carrier: sprint

Is there anyway to delete a search that has been saved?
Old 10-21-2005, 01:11 PM   #13
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuper
Cool...

But I don't see any way to save a search request.

I have a 7230 running 4.0.0.185
IIRC, saving it involves setting a hotkey for it. That way you can recall a search by pressing a shortcut key.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #14
ventmore
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Why not set the BWC to move emails (using filters) from each account into their own folder? You can then choose to browse each folder separately on the handset.
Closed Thread