BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
sylvain

Model: 7520
Default 7250 dialing by itself

Please Login to Remove!

Well, sort of. My wife keeps her 7250 within her purse (not in the caddy) and every now and then (a few times a week!) it dials the last dialed number. Very annoying when it does that a few times in a row Anybody knows why this happens? I thought that may be it a single key press could dial a number but that only happens from the phone menu (the Return key) but she says she always bring it back to the main menu.

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
skawt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvain
Well, sort of. My wife keeps her 7250 within her purse (not in the caddy) and every now and then (a few times a week!) it dials the last dialed number. Very annoying when it does that a few times in a row Anybody knows why this happens? I thought that may be it a single key press could dial a number but that only happens from the phone menu (the Return key) but she says she always bring it back to the main menu.

Thanks.
The buttons are obviously getting pressed while in her purse. She should hold down the * key before putting it in there to lock the keypad. To unlock, press * [green phone].
Old 03-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
sylvain

Thanks for the reply. On the 7250, the '*' (also the 'A' key) is a quick dialed key so it's not working to lock the keyboard. If she press the 'K' key ("Keyboard lock"), it will do just that.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
skawt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

There's one other thing to consider. I have a Motorola bluetooth headset. I discovered that when the headset is paired with the phone, and I press the button on the headset, it will automatically redial the last number dialed. Just something to consider.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #5
sylvain

Thanks but she doesn't have a bluetooth headset.
Closed Thread