Old 03-07-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
Eternal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Problem with Vodafone UK BIS?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I've been having an intermittent problem with Vodafone UK's BIS service and also have another question, possibly linked to it.

Basically, I have set up an auto-age process to delete any messages from my BIS inbox after 1 day. This keeps me under the 50MB allowance without problem. Every now and then (and this has happened 5 or 6 times in as many months) the BIS service stops auto-aging and deleting emails. They just sit in my inbox. I have to then go in manually and remove them. Vodafone can't seem to come up with a sensible suggestion as to why this happens.

Next, when I delete them manually, they also delete from my handset. I like to keep them on my handset, but I can't work out how to change that option.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

PS - I'm using an 8700, hence posting it in here.

Last edited by Eternal; 03-07-2007 at 08:51 AM..
Old 03-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
bertiebassett
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Hi Eternal

Please explain more about how you use this service..do people email your @vodafoneemail.net email account or do you integrate a 3rd party email account through the BIS service?

Given that BIS is effectively a version of BES, then I'm pretty sure that you can't keep an email on the device if you delete if from the mailbox..

As to why thr auto-aging fails then that's a RIM issue as the BIS infrastructure is run by RIM and branded VF - you need to get to someone sensible within VF customer services and get them to raise a ticket with RIM.

hth
bb
Old 03-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
Eternal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for your reply.

All email comes into my @vodafoneemail.net account, I dont have any 3rd party accounts set up through the BIS (I have my main accounts forwarding copies to the vodafone address).

The odd thing is, it used to work fine...when I deleted messages from the BIS, I'm pretty sure they remained on the handset too. If I can resolve this issue, that would be useful. Can anyone clarify if this is their experience?

Otherwise, as you say, perhaps VF need to raise it with RIM.
Closed Thread