BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
cubsox15

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: nextel
Arrow Please Help!!! JUM Error 102 Problem for 7100i (nextel)

Please Login to Remove!

I am currently having a problem with my 7100i Blackberry phone for Nextel.
I recieved my phone as a gift and dropped it. When I dropped the phone my battery fell out and after putting the battery back in, JUM Error 102 Reset appeared on my phone. I was told to purchase a USB Port for the bb, but I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it and I am not receiving any help from the company. I currently just downloaded a program off of this website but it wouldn't download into my phone because it wants me to go in my bb and enter my password... but I am not able to. Really need help... haven't been able to enjoy the bb.

Thank you,
Brittainy
Old 06-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
jtdarden
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8xxx
PIN: member2393
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Wirelessly posted (8703e Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

To fix this error, you will have to simply plug your BB into your PC and run the application loader.

If it is asking you for a password, the old user may have set this via security settings. If you do not know the password, entering it 10 times incorrectly with reset the BB to factory defaults

Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #3
justanothertier2tech
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 6510

Quote:
To fix this error, you will have to simply plug your BB into your PC and run the application loader.

this is not correct.......

according to rim, the jvm 102 error is caused by a hardware issue....(a suspected 3rd party chip in the ptn)....simply loading hh software is a temp fix. it WILL reoccur again and again, sometimes in only days.

take it to service and repair, once verified that this is the jvm 102 error, they (the s&r dealer) are supposed to give you a refurbished or new ptn. if they have to ship one to you it is supposed to ship within 24 hours. they are also supposed to waive the normal exchange fee of $45.

if they dont do this, call bb supprt from the store and the rep from tier 2 will talk to the dealer and set him straight for you....

all bb tiers and dealers were informed of this issue via email on sept 18, 2006.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
jtdarden
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8xxx
PIN: member2393
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Wirelessly posted (8703e Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Actually, sorry tier2, but it is not a hardware issue.

If you read the technical papers regarding what error codes mean, you will find the following:

'JVM error 102
Invalid code in file system

The system has checked the .COD files in the handheld for
modification, and determined that there is a problem with one or
more .COD files.
If all loads fail, it could indicate a build process error where there
was a problem signing the codfiles.
If some user action to the device caused this problem, the reset
cycle will be continuous since the code in the filesystem has been
corrupted. The only recovery method is to wipe the device and
restore a new system.'
(All OS/.COD related, not hardware)

So, one method of doing this that seems to work for most is re-installing the operating system, which would in fact restore/fix the .COD file that is throwing the error.

PM me, and I can send you the PDF file that has all the error codes.

For good measure, you should download the most recent version of the handheld OS from Nextel and run the executable prior to running the app loader (this should automatically re-install the OS).

PS: make sure you back up.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:33 AM   #5
justanothertier2tech

Model: 6510

Quote:
The only recovery method is to wipe the device and
restore a new system.'

guess i'm gonna have to individually go to each and every one of the 225 agents here and tell them that they are no longer required to refer ALL jvm 102 errors to S&R--

And we're also going to have to call all of the dealers and tell them that it's ok to start charging again for the transfer fee.....(although most ignore what rim says anyway)--

and that we can solve this issue with a simple hh software load on the ptn--

imagine.....if we only knew!!

then there wouldn't be near the problem with 1000's of these jvm 102 error phones showing up around the world (and on ebay) and flooding every crevice on the planet.

as i am only a daily fixer of these nextel 7100i bb issues, i bow to your supreme guidance. jtdarden
Old 06-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #6
CKelly

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothertier2tech View Post
guess i'm gonna have to individually go to each and every one of the 225 agents here and tell them that they are no longer required to refer ALL jvm 102 errors to S&R--

And we're also going to have to call all of the dealers and tell them that it's ok to start charging again for the transfer fee.....(although most ignore what rim says anyway)--

then there wouldn't be near the problem with 1000's of these jvm 102 error phones showing up around the world (and on ebay) and flooding every crevice on the planet.

as i am only a daily fixer of these nextel 7100i bb issues, i bow to your supreme guidance. jtdarden

Haha. Ok, I'm going to have to agree. JVM 102 are more or less a irreversable software crash on the 7100i that has to be dealt with by RIM. You're best bet would be taking the phone to an Authorized Service Center for repair. While we hear at my call center has not be told that the dealers will waive the fee, we have been told that a service and repair center will take care of this issue. If they don't have a 7100i in hand, they will be able to ship one out to you, generally within 24 hours.
7100i
401169CE
Old 09-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
silver_2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothertier2tech View Post

Better yet - park your arrogance and have rim update their tech articles

BlackBerry Search Results
Old 09-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_2000 View Post
Better yet - park your arrogance and have rim update their tech articles

BlackBerry Search Results