Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
kmb1966
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Default Nextel IP address

Please Login to Remove!

I was told by Nextel that when you sign up for data sevices, your BB is given a static IP address. You can view that IP address under Options, Status, IP address. But that IP address is different than the IP address given at websites that retrieve your IP address such as Whatsmyip.com. Can anyone explain this to me??? If you are writing a VPN tunnel for your firewall box to allow access by your Blackberry, what would your Blackberry's IP address be??? The one given in Options, Status, or what?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many
Carrier: Sprint

They are static Private IP's - not Public IP's.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
kmb1966
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Got this figured out. Called Nextel and they assigned me a Public IP address for my BB.
Closed Thread