A quick search over at BlackBerry - PDAs - BlackBerry Support at BlackBerry.com
gave the following result:
BlackBerry Search Results
SWI and TCU BlackBerry device errors
Doc ID : KB04706
Last Modified : 2007-06-12
Document Type : Support
Print this page
* BlackBerry® device
* BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 and 4.1
You receive one of the following errors on your BlackBerry device:
SWI exception reset
TCU exception reset
Download and install the latest BlackBerry Device Software.
1. Download the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software from your wireless service providerxxx8217;s website.
2. Connect the BlackBerry device to your computer.
3. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-clickApplication Loader. The Application Loader Wizard opens. Click Next.
4. If prompted, enter your device password and clickNext. The Application Selection window appears.
5. Select the applications to be loaded on to the device, then click Next.
6. The Completing the Application Loader Wizard screen appears.Do not click Finish. Click Advanced to begin loading the applications.
7. In the Data Preservation window, select the Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications check box and clickNext.
8. In the Application Data Backup window, choose the option to automatically back up the application data before loading and to restore the contents when the load is complete.
9. Click Finish to begin the Application Loader Process. The data on the device is erased and reloaded.
10. Click Close when the loading operation is complete.