BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8520
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMo
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hey mods.

Please Login to Remove!

Would one of you please delete my account. I may re-register again at a later date, but it's unlikely. I spend more time on "the other" site and find it a bit more pleasant over there.

Times when I have posted info that may not be totally sound over "there" (not trolling) because I haven't owned every BB ever made, they give me info rather than thinking flaming me is the right thing to do.

Some here are just a slight bit too rude to deal with.

Thanks for helping.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Your account won't be deleted. You can be banned if you wish, or you can just stop coming. It's very rare that they'll delete your account.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Sorry. Accounts are not deleted. If you don't wish to come back....then nobody will make you.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8520
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMo
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I understand both of the answers, but why can my account not be removed from the database? I don't understand that.

If I want to come back at some other time, I don't want to use the same name.

Last edited by kellyjdrummer : 04-22-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
dankarlinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 1
Carrier: 1
Posts: 3,391
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

If you come back later, register for a new account.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8520
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMo
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankarlinski View Post
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

If you come back later, register for a new account.
Rules don't allow that.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjdrummer View Post
Rules don't allow that.
Fundamentally.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8520
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMo
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
Fundamentally.
Back off, ass hat.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

@kelly - fonejunkie really didn't say anything out of line there. Lighten up

I really am sorry your experience here has been less then what you liked/expected/wanted, and if you are unhappy you don't have to come back.

However, if you change your mind the door is open.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Dude, didn't mean to offend... you need to toughen up / lighten up a bit... I honestly don't see what the angst is all about.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: iPh6
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,821
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 442 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Such drama!
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8520
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMo
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
Dude, didn't mean to offend... you need to toughen up / lighten up a bit... I honestly don't see what the angst is all about.
You started with this on the last thread about the back up file, and now you're dragging it into this thread. I asked for an answer from a mod, not answers with out any useful info.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8520
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMo
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
@kelly - fonejunkie really didn't say anything out of line there. Lighten up

I really am sorry your experience here has been less then what you liked/expected/wanted, and if you are unhappy you don't have to come back.

However, if you change your mind the door is open.
Sure, I'd love to stick around, but not under this name, as you can see what's starting here.

I really don't need someone stalking me because I accidentally gave incomplete info to someone on a different thread.

Go to this thread and see what I mean.

Last edited by kellyjdrummer : 04-22-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: iPh6
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,821
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 442 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Believe me, no one cares enough to stalk you for giving incorrect information. Simply act like an adult and leave. The only one who can delete accounts i s the forum owner, Tom, and he has indicated he isn't doing that.

So you choice is to leave.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjdrummer View Post
Sure, I'd love to stick around, but not under this name, as you can see what's starting here.

I really don't need someone stalking me because I accidentally gave incomplete info to someone on a different thread.
Dude, NO ONE is "stalking you". It was all in good fun, but obviously you need to grow up, and lighten up. If I remember correctly, you were the one who brought "fundamentally" into any of the discussions. But don't get your panties in a bunch.

I am not stalking you and will not say another word about it.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8520
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMo
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Lock this thread. I'll deal with pm.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjdrummer View Post
Sure, I'd love to stick around, but not under this name, as you can see what's starting here.

I really don't need someone stalking me because I accidentally gave incomplete info to someone on a different thread.

Go to this thread and see what I mean.
We all start at the same place. We all have to learn. None of us knew everything that we know about BlackBerry devices now when we first joined. You live and learn. I've made mistakes, and I was corrected by veteran BB users. I've since learned more about the device to give more accurate answers. I spent many months reading these forums and only posting on occasion. Now, I post a lot more often, but that was not always the case.

My advice is to hang around, all this will pass. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8520
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMo
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can't I just get my screen name changed?

What you say is true, by all accounts, but hijacking a thread just to bad mouth someone isn't the clue to be offered.

Last edited by kellyjdrummer : 04-22-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjdrummer View Post
Can't I just get my screen name changed?
Just out of curiosity, what will that accomplish? Not trying to start an argument, I just honestly don't understand.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8520
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMo
Posts: 176
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Just out of curiosity, what will that accomplish? Not trying to start an argument, I just honestly don't understand.
Never mind. Just skip the whole damn thing. It seems obvious to me, but maybe I don't get it. Just forget I asked.

This whole thing is just turning into scum. I asked a simple question in the beginning, now I'm getting slammed again.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.