BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Social Networking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/social-networking/)
-   -   Multiple Twitter account app (http://www.blackberryforums.com/social-networking/252334-multiple-twitter-account-app.html)

TBakerHR 08-15-2011 09:29 AM

Multiple Twitter account app
 
Does anyone know of a Twitter App that supports multiple accounts. Currently, any one that I've tried requires me to log out of one...then log in to another. I've tried UberSocial...but can't tell if it supports more than 1 Twitter account. I checked out SocialScope, but it looks like it's still an invite only app.

Thoughts?

daphne 08-15-2011 10:48 AM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
UberSocial supports more than one Twitter account. Right now I'm using HootSuite with 2 Twitter accounts - works fine.

TBakerHR 08-15-2011 10:52 AM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
Daphne...thanks for your reply. I tried UberSocial, but it's invite only right now. I currently use the Twitter app for Blackberry. I decided to download another app to use with my other account as I will only need the other account on mobile for a short period.

Thanks!

daphne 08-15-2011 12:29 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
I just checked and UberSocial is available free in App World. Are you thinking of Social Scope - that requires an invite.

JSanders 08-15-2011 12:37 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
UberSocial is open to anyone, SocialScope is by invite only.

DaBlackberryBoy 08-17-2011 08:25 AM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1738277)
UberSocial supports more than one Twitter account. Right now I'm using HootSuite with 2 Twitter accounts - works fine.

Daphne, how does HootSuite work for you and your twitter accounts? I recently tried it for about 3 months and it was slow, lagged, took forever to get my social updates. It took so long I forgot what I wanted to tweet ;)

daphne 08-17-2011 10:58 AM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy (Post 1738679)
Daphne, how does HootSuite work for you and your twitter accounts? I recently tried it for about 3 months and it was slow, lagged, took forever to get my social updates. It took so long I forgot what I wanted to tweet ;)

It works pretty well - sometimes it is a bit slow loading tweets, but not unbearably so, to me. I started using it on my BB because I liked it so much on my iPod Touch. And I saw that UberSocial had a module called Flurry. Flurry is a company that collects data about mobile usage for for targeted advertising, and I did not like that. I tried Social Scope but didnt' like it that much.

ZombieBerry 08-17-2011 07:18 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
I haven't had the chance to try SocialScope yet, but the best app that I know of for BB (for tweeting anyways) is UberSocial, with Hootsuite a close second.

DaBlackberryBoy 08-17-2011 09:06 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1738738)
It works pretty well - sometimes it is a bit slow loading tweets, but not unbearably so, to me. I started using it on my BB because I liked it so much on my iPod Touch. And I saw that UberSocial had a module called Flurry. Flurry is a company that collects data about mobile usage for for targeted advertising, and I did not like that. I tried Social Scope but didnt' like it that much.

Yeah SocialScope can kick rocks. Have heard nothing from them except for the last update with themes. I think HootSite will assume the top spot and maybe my Storm2 just sucks. I liked HootSuite too, just couldnt get it to update good. I give it another go when I get my new device soon!

daphne 08-18-2011 02:53 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
HooteSuite didn't work so well on my 9930. I hope they add support for OS7 soon. I could send tweets but I could not get it to load tweets. I've deleted it for now.

DaBlackberryBoy, what device are you getting?

DaBlackberryBoy 08-18-2011 10:32 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1739035)
HooteSuite didn't work so well on my 9930. I hope they add support for OS7 soon. I could send tweets but I could not get it to load tweets. I've deleted it for now.

DaBlackberryBoy, what device are you getting?

I am due up for the new after 2 with VZW so hoping to see about that Torch 2 or new Touch - IF VZW gets it.

Expowizard 08-25-2011 11:18 AM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
I use ubersocial. Its cool. wondering if there are applications from hootsuite and tweetdeck.

Trimix 08-25-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expowizard (Post 1740494)
I use ubersocial. Its cool. wondering if there are applications from hootsuite and tweetdeck.

Tweetdeck never came out with a RIM app. Hootsuite does have one for BBs (aka Hootberry).
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Trimix 08-25-2011 12:24 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
I believe Blaq supports multiple accounts. Not sure if it's only two, or more than two.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

DaBlackberryBoy 08-25-2011 03:58 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
I redownloaded HootSuite and its is working for the most part. I think the issue with HootSuite is when you have a LinkedIn account and try to update it. The app eventually hangs and then causes the rest of the program grief and prevents your accounts from updating. Usually the wiping of the hootsuite, followed by a battery pull, and then followed by a re-import of your account will fix the issue. I hope that HootSuite can speedy up the refreshing and this would be a viable solution. I use it to schedule tweets which it works well and like it.

I have SocialScope for my tweeting and facebooking for now. But wish I could have more than 2 twitter accounts.

All in all, love both apps but looking for the 1 app to bring it all together. Looks like HootSuite might get there before SocialScope. Only time will tell!

digitalguy 08-25-2011 08:02 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
This thread peaked my interest why would i need multiple twitter accounts.Is one not enough ?

ZombieBerry 08-25-2011 09:57 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
Some have a personal account and some have a second business account...(shrugs)

A personal one and maybe a specific account for one purpose (Hobby, Interests, whatever)

Trimix 08-26-2011 10:57 PM

Re: Multiple Twitter account app
 
Edit: regarding Blaq - they may support multiple twitter apps, but not other social networks at the moment.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.