BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Social Networking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/social-networking/)
-   -   facebook active sessions location (http://www.blackberryforums.com/social-networking/257684-facebook-active-sessions-location.html)

ency 02-13-2012 12:54 PM

facebook active sessions location
 
I need to find out where my facebook profile has been accessed from, i have looked under account settings>security>active sessions to view the list of locations my profile has been logged in from, there is one location i dont recognise.
So I need to know if this was my blackberry. I no longer have the blackberry to access fb. So i just need to know what location is shown under active sessions when you log into facebook on a blackberry.
Anyone with a BB will be able to help me, if you could just use FB on your BB and tell me what location is shown, particularly if you are in the UK.
I just need the town/state, do not post the IP

jsconyers 02-13-2012 12:58 PM

Re: facebook active sessions location
 
More likely than not, no one here is going to be able to give you an accurate reply. When I log in from my Android device on Sprint, it shows me logging in from San Jose, CA, when I live on the east coast of the US. What you're seeing is most likely you logging in from your BlackBerry.

ency 02-13-2012 01:02 PM

Re: facebook active sessions location
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1767299)
More likely than not, no one here is going to be able to give you an accurate reply. When I log in from my Android device on Sprint, it shows me logging in from San Jose, CA, when I live on the east coast of the US. What you're seeing is most likely you logging in from your BlackBerry.

hi thanks for your reply, it really helps.
mine says;
Location Los Angeles, CA, US (Approximate) Device type Firefox on WinXP

could you also say what yours says as device type?
Thanks

jsconyers 02-13-2012 01:10 PM

Re: facebook active sessions location
 
My device type shows unknown when I log in via my Droid device.

Were you logging in via the BB browser or the FB app?

ency 02-13-2012 01:15 PM

Re: facebook active sessions location
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1767301)
My device type shows unknown when I log in via my Droid device.

Were you logging in via the BB browser or the FB app?

This might make me sound a bit daft, but i cant remember which i used to do, i use a different phone now.
Do you know if it is possible for it to show up as "firefox on winxp"?

jsconyers 02-13-2012 01:26 PM

Re: facebook active sessions location
 
I just tested with my BB.

When I logged in with the browser, I see:
Location: Waterloo, ON, CA (Approximate)
Device Type:
Unknown

When I logged in via the app, it didn't show any information, so I couldn't tell that I logged in with the app.

carpetrepairaustin 03-23-2012 03:36 PM

Re: facebook active sessions location
 
I got that too when I was using my BB phone, it shows a different location. All my friends were wondering how did I get in that place so soon. :)

horsigrl 03-26-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1767303)
I just tested with my BB.

When I logged in with the browser, I see:
Location: Waterloo, ON, CA (Approximate)
Device Type:
Unknown

When I logged in via the app, it didn't show any information, so I couldn't tell that I logged in with the app.

Mine says the same thing! And I live near Toledo! My other problem is that my Facebook using my bb browsers, is posting the wrong timestamps...12 hours later than they should be. I don't know how to fix that! Any ideas anyone?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

DanielDegnan 03-26-2012 09:46 AM

Re: facebook active sessions location
 
Do the follow:-

1:- Face book location service should remain enabled.
2:- Change ur secret answer and question.
3:- Save the model of ur device. This way, you would be able to track which device was used to access your account.

ARaaa 05-09-2012 11:13 PM

Re: facebook active sessions location
 
i get that too ....

Location: Waterloo, ON, CA (Approximate)
Device Type:
Unknown

so is that safety for my fb account or not, anyone can help? :cry:
so what should i do :(:-?

to @ency
waterloo,on,ca <<- is that from canada


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.