BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   WiFi HotZone (http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi-hotzone/)
-   -   WiFi Compliant Apps (http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi-hotzone/113194-wifi-compliant-apps.html)

Grimlin 01-16-2008 10:32 AM

WiFi Compliant Apps
 
Can we start a list of WiFi compliant apps? If it gets big enough, can we sticky it?
I am testing on a device with no data plan, no UMA... WiFi only. For those of you who think I am nuts. I have two blackberrys the other does have a dataplan.
  • Audible - 1.0.64 and above
  • Beyond 411
  • LogicMail - build 38 and above.
  • RambleIM
  • MidpSSH
  • JiveTalk Beta
  • TelenavGPS
  • Blackberry Maps

WiFi only with no dataplan and no UMA
Partial Functionality
Need string after port - ;DeviceSide=True;ConnectionUID=S TCP-WiFi;ConnectionSetup=delayed;retrynocontext=true
Reported as working, but I couldn't duplicate. If you would like to post details of how to make it work, I'll update it.

alorico 01-16-2008 04:51 PM

more...
 
LogicMail
RambleIM and
MidpSSH

all work with the wifi "setup code"

;DeviceSide=True;ConnectionUID=S TCP-WiFi;ConnectionSetup=delayed;retrynocontext=true

for more info check this forum:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...an-t-do-4.html

JSanders 01-16-2008 04:52 PM

New JiveTalk beta is WiFi compliant.

alorico 01-16-2008 06:39 PM

Beyond411 works
As far as I can tell TelenavGPS navigator works as well

Grimlin 01-17-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 801309)
New JiveTalk beta is WiFi compliant.

I can't seem to duplicate this.

Grimlin 01-17-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alorico (Post 801462)
Beyond411 works
As far as I can tell TelenavGPS navigator works as well

Telenav??? Why?

...OK, I can kinda see why as it packages it all up for you and sends it in a big chunk, but it limits you to making sure you have all of your plans set in stone up front doesn't it? Or maybe you could preload the starbuck locations along the way so that you could pop in and redownload.

Grimlin 01-17-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimlin (Post 802937)
I can't seem to duplicate this.

I read your post in another forum. Changing it to reflect the connection string.

alorico 01-18-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimlin (Post 802941)
Telenav??? Why?

...OK, I can kinda see why as it packages it all up for you and sends it in a big chunk, but it limits you to making sure you have all of your plans set in stone up front doesn't it? Or maybe you could preload the starbuck locations along the way so that you could pop in and redownload.


I am not sure why, as I dont use Telenav. Nor do I understand how it would be useful, but I do know that it works thru wifi.

Grimlin 01-18-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alorico (Post 803613)
I am not sure why, as I dont use Telenav. Nor do I understand how it would be useful, but I do know that it works thru wifi.

I now respect you again. Sorry I ever doubted you.;-)

dkonigs 02-03-2008 10:53 PM

As of tonight's last build (build 38), the development version of LogicMail now has built-in support for WiFi. There is a global configuration option you can set to disabled, prompt-on-connect, or always. Then, whenever you connect, it'll automatically tack on that long nasty string based on your configuration.

JSanders 02-03-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimlin (Post 802937)
I can't seem to duplicate this.

Have you downloaded the latest beta version?
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...=jivetalk+wifi

Grimlin 02-04-2008 08:19 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8820/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimlin (Post 802937)
I can't seem to duplicate this.

Have you downloaded the latest beta version?
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...=jivetalk+wifi

Yup. Still no go. Are you using WiFi with UMA or with a device with a dataplan? I am WiFi Only on this device and it doesn't work. Fails with the connection string and also when using the autoconfig. If I'm missing something, please point me in the right direction.

JSanders 02-04-2008 08:23 PM

No WiFi here. So it can run over WiFi, just still needs the Data Plan. Thanks.

Grimlin 02-04-2008 08:32 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8820/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkonigs
As of tonight's last build (build 38), the development version of LogicMail now has built-in support for WiFi. There is a global configuration option you can set to disabled, prompt-on-connect, or always. Then, whenever you connect, it'll automatically tack on that long nasty string based on your configuration.

WOW!!! That is awesome. I Downloaded. Went through the config. WiFi only worked perfectly. I am a definitely keeping this one on the device. One minor note. It wiped out my previous config from ver 32. I understand that this is probably because converting the config would be troublesome and it is actualy better for testing not to carry settings over to new builds. Once you stabilize the build though, I would recommend maintaining the config through upgrades.

al3000 02-13-2008 07:32 AM

how can I download this Logic Mail build? there seems to be no development download on their site :( or I just can't find it. Do I have to dl cruiseControl to get it? I can see that there is a build 41 version availible, but there is no link to get it. :?

Grimlin 02-13-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al3000 (Post 833607)
how can I download this Logic Mail build? there seems to be no development download on their site :( or I just can't find it. Do I have to dl cruiseControl to get it? I can see that there is a build 41 version availible, but there is no link to get it. :?

Go to LogicMail for BlackBerry - Trac on your blackberry. Scroll down to Over-The-Air-Installation - Latest Build. Remember that you can't complain about functionality when you download from the development snapshots section like this.

al3000 02-13-2008 08:21 AM

thank you! it works on my 8120!, btw. I understand that I can't force other apps to work via WIFI? I do use opera mini over wifi on nokia, but i can't make the same version work via wifi on my BB :( i even turn off "mobile network" and it still try to go via gprs... the same with other apps. They work fine on other phones with WIFI but not on my 8120. I've heard there are settings to force WIFI on 83xx but i lack those options on 8120 :( any ideas?

(I DO use wifi with blackberry browser without a problem)

Grimlin 02-13-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al3000 (Post 833630)
I've heard there are settings to force WIFI on 83xx but i lack those options on 8120

I do not think that is completely accurate. If there is any information you can point us to, I would appreciate it. It is my understanding that being able to force it to WiFi is dependent upon how each app is coded. If there is a connection field to squeeze in the string listed in the first post, you can sometimes get around it. It is a lot like SQL injection hacking :razz:

al3000 02-14-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimlin (Post 833712)
I do not think that is completely accurate. If there is any information you can point us to, I would appreciate it.

Well, i ment the "wifi prefered" option wich I lack on my 8120 :(

And speeking of other brands, some phones seem to have some kind of one global data connection setting used for every application that uses intenet connection. Like for ex. you run opera mini and the phone asks you if you want to let that application connect and by what kind of connection (gprs, wifi, ect) kind of like on a pc - you just have a connection and those apps don't care if it is Wifi, cable, asdn or 56k modem.

I was just wondering if you can do that on a bb.. but I guess not ;(

I hope there will be an update to 8120 firmware so we can also have that "wifi prefered" option availible.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.