05-05-2008, 01:38 AM
Join Date: May 2008
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Need to use 2 CA certificates
Please Login to Remove!
This is my first post, so I dunno if I'm in the right place. I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find any previous threads addressing this issue.
Okay, so my school uses a restricted network now. The network settings required by a windows XP computer are as follows:
# In the Association tab, enter or select the following values:
* Network name (SSID): restricted.utexas.edu
* Network Authentication: WPA
* Data encryption: TKIP
# Select the Authentication tab and select Protected EAP (PEAP) from the EAP type list.
# Clear the Authenticate as a computer when computer information is available option.
# Click the Properties button.
# In the Protected EAP Properties window, enter or select the following options:
* Validate server certificate: Selected
* Connect to these servers: Selected, and enter restricted.utexas.edu
* Trusted Root Certification Authorities: "Thawte Premium Server CA" and "Entrust.net Secure Server Certification Authority" (be sure to select BOTH authorities)
* Select Authentication Method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
# Click the Configure button and clear the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) option. If you do not clear this option, the application may try to use your computer name and password, which may be different from your UT EID and password.
I left off the worthless information.
I put my UT EID and Password in the username and password fields respectively.
Basically, I setup the blackberry 8320 with all the information it requested, except that it wants me to use 2 CA certificates. I appear to only be able to use one at a time. Is it even possible to use two certificates? What exactly is certificate chaining, and how do I do it?
I hope you guys can help. Thanks!