11-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Shall I throw out this piece of junk [ 8320 wifi issues]
Please Login to Remove!
Please excuse my language and frustration but my Blackberry experience has not been that great recently. I bought this soft unlocked phone from one of the stores on ebay and have not been able to get wifi working. I have gone over several forums relating to similiar issues.
BB seems to detect all networks but is not able to connect to them and mostly results in "Association Failed". BB can see the gateway mac
Things I have tried
1) Make the network "Open"
2) Tried WEP encyption
3) Ensured MAC filtering is disabled
4) Enabled MAC filtering to see if the bb shows in disable mac addresses list
5) Tried Different Channels
6) Removed SIM -> Reloaded BB -> Even without SIM it detects but doesnot associate
7) Tried with SIM on which there is BES DATA Plan (No Luck)
8) Upgraded OS
9) Manually Configured the IP Addresses, Subnet mask, Gateway and DNS but no luck
10) Ensured the two service books are there, Ensured the Browser is "HotSpot Borwser"
Tried Nokia phone and it connected in the first shot over network. No hiccups and no annoyance.
I am not sure what other things i should try to make it working. The only thing i could think of now is to get a sniffer and see what and where the issue is. I was hoping OS upgrade would fix the issue but that didnot help at all. Should setting up a wifi be such a pain? It seems lots and lots of people are having similar issues with 8120, 8320, 8820 and so on....
any ideas, leads, hints, comments, suggestion would be much appreciated
smartphone (EDGE, Wi-Fi)
v18.104.22.168 (Platform 22.214.171.124)
WLAN Version: 126.96.36.199