Originally Posted by LunkHead
I had to cancel my data plan (long story) but in the process have been playing with the BB... Here is what I have discovered thus far... I know this might be old knowledge to many but figured I'd start a thread incase others are interested
I can connect to UMA / Wi-Fi with no issues.... I had T-Mo add what is called a BlackBerry Feature Enabler (see this thread: Blackberry Feature Enabler - UMA
1. BBMessenger does not work even via Wi-Fi (you will need a data plan)
2. BBWeather will connect and update via the Wi-Fi connection
3. PDSports will connect and update via the Wi-Fi connection
4. Beyond411 will connect and search via the Wi-Fi connection
5. I can surf the net using the Wi-Fi browser as long as I am connectd to Wi-Fi
That is all I have discovered thus far....
Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I searched all the forums and haven't found anything that helps. Can you give any tips on how to get BBWeather to work on the 8320? I was able to get 411 to work via the WiFi connection, but not BBweather (I have the BB email plan, but not the BIS so I'm just using wifi for data also). I saw via another post how to get to the options menu, but can't see where to add the location in a profile.
So, figured out how to add profile, but BBWeather still doesn't connect via WiFi.