View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #40 (permalink)
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
My say on the topic.....

I think you guys are missing the point of my original post. I have no beef with coreyvisto selling his themes or anyone else. The topic of paid themes although appears to be the issue right now... was not the issue.

The issue is that coreyvisto is using copyrighted icons that he must buy a royality for... since he makes no note of where he got the icons or gives credit to the actual author, who spent countless hours actually making those icons.

Stealing someone's else's work is not cool. I would think that bbforums with the evidence given should give coreyvisto a warning and remove this theme....

stealing is stealing.... when someone does it, they should be caught red handed... not in a private im.

I appreciate all the pm's from others thanking me for pointing out that people should produce there own graphics and not take from others and then sell it.

This post is not meant to open a new wound... but to stress the importance of how hard it is to produce graphics and that credit and money should be due to the original author...

If this is, indeed, the case then that's a good reason for us to disallow pay-for themes. We do not have the time nor do we have the resources to research every theme and make sure the graphics haven't been "lifted" from another site, theme, or whatever. Just taking another "themer's" word on the matter isn't enough, so research would be necessary. There are 16 or so moderators and almost 200,000 members here and thousands of posts per day. I think our work is already cut out for us without this problem.
Offline   Reply With Quote