This item has been shown 183 times.
The Super Bee Vac & Introductory Hive is a revolutionary swarm / removal tool designed for convenience, portability, and less stressful for the bees being collected. It will attach to most shop or household vacuums. It features a lightweight construction, clear collection chamber for easy harvest assessment, and stainless steel hardware for durability.As mentioned it is also an introductory hive. There is a screened transport cap for relocating the colony from the collection site to the apiary. Once relocated the colony will be allowed to settle in for a few days when the collection box is converted into a temporary hive with the landing cap and feeder port. Ultimately, the bees will be transferred to a permanent hive box after a few days.
The SUPER BEE VAC & INTRODUCTORY HIVE is designed for convenience, simplicity of use, and durability. We hope you enjoy using this product.
Qty. 1 – Bee Vac / Introductory Hive Box
Qty. 1 – 1-1/2” x 12’ – 6” Vacuum Hose
Qty. 1 – Crevice Nozzle
1) Unpack the hose from the hive box.
2) Attach the white vacuum hose fitting end to the inlet port labeled “To Bees”. NOTE:It is highly recommended that you wrap a section of duct tape around the inlet port / hose fitting to prevent accidental disconnection of the hose during the vacuuming process.
3) Attach your shop vacuum hose fitting end to the outlet port labeled “Shop Vac.”. NOTE:It is highly recommended that you wrap a section of duct tape around the outlet port fitting to prevent accidental disconnection of the hose during the vacuuming process.
4) Load the box with 5 or 6 drawn out comb deep Langstroh frames.
5) Secure the lid on top of the catch box.
6) Close and lock down the Feeder Port using moderate pressure on the wing nuts.
7) Open the Vac Regulator port fully.
8) Position the Bee Vac box at a comfortable position from the hive you are removing.
9) Fasten the bungee cord with carabiner across the top of the lid. Note: occasionally if you draw too much vacuum in the box the lid latches will unlatch. The bungee will prevent the lid from being dislodged.Note: open the Vac Regulator more if the latches unlatch.
10) Turn on your shop vacuum and start vacuuming.
11) Adjust the Vac Regulator port to regulate the volume and speed that you are comfortable with for extracting the bees.
12) Once you have collected all of the bees, continue with your shop vacuum operating. Remove the bee vacuum hose and install the screened transport cap. Then turn off your shop vacuum.
13) Disconnect your shop vacuum and open the Vac Regulator port fully.
14) Transport the hive box to its new location.
15) Add a Mason jar feeder to the Feeder Port.
16) Leave the hive closed overnight. NOTE: It is highly recommended that you keep the hive box out of direct sunlight uncovered, due to the fact that you could potentially overheat the hive with it’s clear construction.It is recommended that you cover the top and three sides of the box with a bed sheet or towel leaving the screened transport cap, vacuum port, and outlet port clear of obstructions for ventilation. Covering will also prevent stress from the bees thinking that the lid is sky.
17) The next morning, replace the screened transport cap with the hive landing cap.
18) Transfer the drawn comb frames from the catch box into a standard Langstroth Nuc in the same location.
There you have it. An easy hive removal and transition for your new colony of bees. How simple can it bee?
SUGGESTION:If you are removing a swarm ball, say out of a tree, there is a chance that you might suck up too many bees at one time causing them to collide with the outlet wall of the box, damaging or killing them. To prevent this, you can suspend awash cloth between the center gap of the frames with either duct tape or staples. The bees will decelerate on this cloth instead of colliding with thewall.
CAUTION:Prolong exposure of the Vac Box to the Sun could cause certain plastic parts of the box to warp. Do not leave the box exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods, i.e. weeks.
Hollywood Honey Farm, LLC guarantees this product for 1 year from the time of purchase of defects regarding parts. If, during that year, you experience a failure of a part of your product we will replace that part at no expense to you. For parts replacement simply contact us and we will ship you anew replacement part. On some occasions we might request that you send us a photo of that defective part or at our expense we might request that you return that part to us for examination.
BUYER SUPPLIES SHOP VACUUM OR VACUUM CLEANER.
FITTING COLORS MAY VARY SLIGHTLY FROM WHAT SHOWN