BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Email and data (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=123755)

Ikegami 04-04-2008 04:31 PM

Email and data

I am going to get the curve 8310 tomorrow, but I had 2 last questions.

I have my own website and domain name. Will it be able to check the email on my pop account every few minutes on it's own, or will I have to manually log on and tell it to check?

Also, I have the $20 unlimited data plan on AT&T, is that all I will need for the curve?

Thanks for the help

wabbit 04-04-2008 04:45 PM

if your email on your domain supports imap, just add the email into the bis server.

att for push emails/bis is a 30 / month plan. so it will cost you 10 a month more for the berry plan

jeremyckitching 04-04-2008 04:48 PM

If you set up your e-mail account as a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account, then the account is polled every 15 minutes for new messages. If you want the instant push e-mail you can configure your e-mail account to forward to a BlackBerry-specific e-mail address that your carrier provides (i.e. [email address]).

If you want instant push with wireless reconciliation then you might want to look at a hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) account. This way you contacts, notes, calendar and tasks will be synced, and there will be two-way, instant, wireless reconciliation of messages.

You will need to make sure the data plan you have is a BlackBerry specific data plan. I am not sure of the cost, but the plan should say BlackBerry in it somewhere. If I recall AT&T's unlimited BlackBerry plan is $29 by itself.

Dubdub 04-05-2008 01:18 AM

You must have the BB Personal dataplan for Internet and email using ATT. The price is $34.99 a month or $29.99 a month with a "qualifying" voice plan. You can establish up to 10 email accounts using BIS, either POP or IMAP. Email should arrive approximately every 15 minutes, sometimes quicker.

I also suggest that you read the FAQ and the user guide for your device once you get it. Lots of good info there.

Naji kassir 04-05-2008 05:13 AM

Cannot synchronize emails with BB8300 & Vista OS

Hi,
Im unable to synchronize my emails with B8300.The icon of email to reconsile cannot be selected.I'm using windows visa OS.
Can someone help me please?

Naji kassir 04-05-2008 05:16 AM

Contact name not shown

When receiving call from contact saved in the address book ,The name is not appearing.Only the number appears.
I tried to put "+" instead of "00" before each contact # ,It worked for mobile numbers but not for land lines.
Any suggestions?

Sith_Apprentice 04-05-2008 05:17 AM

go to your phone applications > menu > options > smart dialing > set your country code and set your national number length.

NickfromIL 04-05-2008 05:35 AM

Also make sure that if you have data encryption on, it is set to not include the address book