BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry On Non-RIM Hardware (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Blackberry internet service on a E90 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=140424)

mrm1cp 07-16-2008 04:40 AM

Blackberry internet service on a E90

Is it possible to run the blackberry intrenet service on the E90, as when I select blackberry or blackberry2 it comes back with the message "web: no gateway reply"

I'm sure I had it working on a o2 XDA a year or two ago...

Foxglove 07-16-2008 04:49 AM

Wirelessly posted

Hi

I have the o2 blue magazine in front of me right now looking at the new 3GB blackberry bolt on for bb connect devices (£7.50) it says that it is compatible with nokia E51, E61 and E90 and the xda's.

You should contact o2 as there is downloadable software reguired to get it working.

Hope that helps.

bobby jones 07-16-2008 09:33 AM

yes, BIS does work for e90. although i am not sure what that particular error message means. do you have the latest firmware and BBC client, have BBC on your SIM, and activated and sent the service books?

mrm1cp 07-17-2008 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby jones (Post 1019324)
yes, BIS does work for e90. although i am not sure what that particular error message means. do you have the latest firmware and BBC client, have BBC on your SIM, and activated and sent the service books?

I could not connect to the web using BIS when I first got the phone (everything else worked email, contact and calender synchronization) so I thought I would update firmware on the nokia E90 and install the latest BBC client (from nokia website) but I am still unable to connect to the BIS. I get the option of using Blackberry, blackberry2, o2mobile web, o2 wap gprs streaming (Did have o2 wap but that seems to have gone for some strange reason) Anyway I have tried both blackberry and blackberry2 and get the error message " Web no gateway reply" The sim is blackberry enabled because I used it in my old BB Curve and obvioulsy I get my emails via our BES (I assume thats what you mean, when you say BBC on your sim) I might try deleting my service books and reloading them.......its a shame really because the E90 has some promise and fingers crossed in the future you will be able to save attachments to the E90's memory for editing and the reattaching to emails.

bobby jones 07-17-2008 09:57 AM

well on AT&T, i have 2 sims (both blackberry enabled, and i use BES for both). but, one sim is BBC and one sim is "normal" blackberry. what i mean is, i cannot access BBC with the "normal" blackberry sim. i'm not sure if i am saying this correctly, but with AT&T, you need the specific BBC plan in order to use blackberry, not a "normal" blackberry enabled sim that you would use with a blackberry device.

mrm1cp 07-17-2008 10:07 AM

Ah ok, well when we get a phone enabled sim I contact BT and ask them to make the sim blackberry enabled which then allows us to connect to our BES server. We then have full functionallity after OTA activation eg calender and contact sync, push emails and blackberry browser.

What I need to find out is if blackberry browser works on a nokia e90 running BBC and I can't seem to find a answer :( it's looking like to me that the blackberry browser is not availble when using BBC on a non rim device. Can anyone confirm this as my hair is falling out and I have no nails left :shock:

P.S I was under the impression that a blackberry enabled sim works fine with BBC and no other services were required

bobby jones 07-17-2008 08:37 PM

regarding web browsing on e90. my at&t bbc plan also has unlimited internet. so yes, i can browse the web on either the at&t internet or media net access point.

however, unlike tytn II for example, when bbc BES is activiated, you do not get a bb web browser as well. meaning i am surfing using the built in e90 application. if i'm not mistaken, the tytn II bbc client does add the bb browser when bbc is activated. e90 does not.

is this what you are asking?

bobby jones 07-17-2008 08:40 PM

also, i have tried my "normal" blackberry sim in the e90 and i cannot activate. i can only activate the e90 with my bbc plan sim. however, i think different carriers may indeed allow a normal blackberry plan (not connect) to be used for bbc. maybe ask your carrier if your plan also works for bb connect.

are you in the UK? i go to bracknell about once every 2 months, and have been using my e90 with BES with no problems.

soriana 08-20-2008 06:26 PM

E90 browser

What I need to find out is if blackberry browser works on a nokia e90 running BBC and I can't seem to find a answer :( it's looking like to me that the blackberry browser is not availble when using BBC on a non rim device. Can anyone confirm this as my hair is falling out and I have no nails left :shock:

P.S I was under the impression that a blackberry enabled sim works fine with BBC and no other services were required[/QUOTE]

actually i have the same problem exactly with E90 and i'm dissapointed, but i'm not yet give up, i have been told that there is some BB simulator software might be installed on your E90 and then you can, surf the net!!!?
till the moment i find only the desktop simulator

any way i hope that any body got a solution for such this please update us
regards,

panagiog 08-21-2008 01:06 AM

E90

Hello i am using blackberry servise with E90,
i am from Greece and i have the same problem with internet....''Web no gateway reply''.
Can someone with more experiance at blackberry told something?
My carrier said, you can have blackberry service with no blackberry device but no support.......

bobby jones 08-22-2008 02:08 PM

the blackberry browser does not work on e90. when using blackberry connect, the blackberry apn does not work for internet browsing. i use the built in web client on e90, and at&t internet settings. (my blackberry connect plan includes unlimited internet via at&t apn). so it switches back and forth.

soriana 08-22-2008 06:58 PM

guys...
listen to me !!!
all of you have to search the web for a blackberry simulator for E90 or nokia
i think it's not a browser problem but it's a device issue

panagiog 08-23-2008 03:55 AM

E90+Blackberry

Thanks for replays,
but i have another one problem....
I can't open attachments....

so i am going to Buy a BB phone and forget all of this!

The only bab thing in this story is that Nokia should say no Internet surf with BB!

Lets go Blackberry;-)

barbwyr 08-23-2008 03:58 AM

Go Blackberry or go home is what I say...lol.

panagiog 08-23-2008 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbwyr (Post 1071559)
Go Blackberry or go home is what I say...lol.

Respect to barbwyr........

wtfspiff 12-19-2008 08:22 AM

any updates on this ?