BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Is there a hot key to delete an email (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=60923)

mi2nc 01-10-2007 08:34 PM

Is there a hot key to delete an email

in the bb email program? or a program for this?

Airmark1 01-10-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi2nc
in the bb email program? or a program for this?

uhhhhhhhh....

ummmmmmm...

uhhhhhh....

The delete key?

LunkHead 01-10-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airmark1
uhhhhhhhh....

ummmmmmm...

uhhhhhh....

The delete key?

:) :) :)

Just highlite the message and hit the delete key.........

braz 01-10-2007 10:24 PM

LOL all else fails read the manual I guess. Sorry this was to funny. Airmark KILLED me there.

mi2nc 01-11-2007 10:09 PM

I guess I was looking for a single key to delete and not ask me to confirm, etc..

but i admit I did not know of the delete key. <duh> on me
:space: <----between my ears.

scotth 01-11-2007 11:53 PM

you can set your email general options not to prompt you when you delete a message - so when you push the DEL key, it will be gone - quickly...

greggebhardt 01-12-2007 06:45 AM

yep getting rid of the "prompt" is one of the first things I do. Hate it on the email thing but it comes in handy in like the address book. I deleted a contact by accident so I removed that option! <vbg>

Airmark1 01-13-2007 12:40 AM

Yeah, I like the confirmation of the "Delete? Really, ok dude"

I would be deleting things on accident otherwise.

DaveDanger 01-22-2007 01:53 AM

7520 E-mail delete

Alright guys, I see ya'll mentioning that I can remove the E-mail delete prompt. I have gone into my e-mail general options and set the delete prompt to "NO". I can go thru a list of e-mails now, and when I hit the delete key, some of them disappear, and some of them prompt me to select handheld or handheld & mailbox. Any idea why it doesn't remove the prompt globally??

takeshi 01-22-2007 09:59 AM

You can have deletion/reconciliation preferences (i.e. delete on handheld/both/prompt) for each email account. If you don't want it to ask then you'll need to set a default other than prompt. You can find what I'm talking about under Messages->Options->Email Reconciliation. Each account -- indicated by the Message Services field -- has its own settings.

JSanders 01-22-2007 10:03 AM

DangerDave, I am betting you have more the one e-mail account, i.e., a POP account setup through BIS, and your BB account address (xxx@xxx.blackberry.net).

You have set the delete not to prompt you on one account, but not the other. For instance, I have the delete NOT prompt me for my business e-mail account, but I do want it to prompt me if I am deleting blackberry.net messages.

In your message list, click the wheel to OPTIONS, then select EMAIL RECONCILIATION, and the look at your MESSAGE SERVICES. Highlight the one active and hold down your ALT key and it will show if you have another message service. Set both or more as you desire and SAVE.

Hope this helps.

scotth 01-22-2007 07:11 PM

also - I can not figure out a way to remove the prompt if you are deleting multiple emails at one time. The prompt only is gone if I delete one at a time

Ekrimmer 01-22-2007 07:37 PM

When removing multiple messages you will always be prompted. It's a good way of saving us from ourselves...

DaveDanger 01-22-2007 08:32 PM

Ya'll are correct. I have more than one account into my Blackberry and I had apparently set the "delete without prompt" on only one account. Corrected that and it seems to work.
Thanks!

scotth 01-23-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekrimmer
When removing multiple messages you will always be prompted. It's a good way of saving us from ourselves...

lol - how true! :-)