BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Enterprise Activation issues.... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=62924)

Barry_Black 01-26-2007 01:07 PM

Enterprise Activation issues....

I've been seeing slow Enterprise Activation issues for 7290's. One issue where the activation actually started, verified the encryption but got the 81% then seemed to freeze....after taking almost 2hours to run.

I another instance a message constantly came up indicating the server is not reponding out of coverage, when I had a good signal and could hit the internet on the device. It literally took a day for the activation to go through.

Can anyone breakdown a basic understanding of the enterprise activation process, why I would see these issues and the best way to avoid or correct them...

Barry_Black 01-26-2007 01:10 PM

Oh and with first instance where it froze I was doing a device swap and re-activating the new device....what's up with that?

John Clark 01-26-2007 01:49 PM

I always make sure my call logs are completely wiped out before I do the swap. They can take forever to sync during activation.

Barry_Black 01-26-2007 02:08 PM

..now that you mention it, that's the service that was taking long to complete. So you saying it's best to wipe the old device before doing the swap? Even if the phone log didn't complete, but the mail did along with the other services would mail be recieved on the device?

John Clark 01-26-2007 02:13 PM

It may be possible to do this on the BES side but i don't have knowledge in that area. What I do is take the old device, while it's still connected to the BES, and delete the phone logs. Go to >Messages >Click wheel and select "View Folder" >Select Phone call logs >highlight the date and select delete prior. Do the same with missed calls. Then I do a reconcile now and wait 10 mins or so before I do the switch. That way no phone call logs are sync'd to the device. Like I said there may be a better way from the BES side but this works for me. Many times I have the user do this before they even bring me the BB so that the log for sure gets wiped on the server.

Barry_Black 01-26-2007 02:37 PM

Makes sense....

rpfeffer 02-07-2007 05:20 PM

is there a way to clear the call logs if you already deleted the device from the BES?

5000+ call logs...aghhhh

John Clark 02-07-2007 05:53 PM

You can still delete the call logs from the device using the method above. However, as far as how to delete the call logs from the BES, that's out of my knowledge base. Someone else will need to answer that one.

rpfeffer 02-07-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark
You can still delete the call logs from the device using the method above. However, as far as how to delete the call logs from the BES, that's out of my knowledge base. Someone else will need to answer that one.

Yeah...I took a backup before I tried the activation, so I am just going to remove and re-add the user and try again. I definitely changed the BES not to log the phone call logs though, what a pain they have been.